Drak Is Rubbing Off On Me.....

Curtis P

Well, i had the jemp like, 98% complete, was semi happy with it, but not overly, and there was a few stuff that was bugging me, i didnt like the pickguard, or the rear cover, the body had a dent in it, and just a few finishing mis haps, so, i, i destroyed the body, lol

so, i now have electronics, bridge, a good neck, and MISC hardware,

so, i am off to build me a pimpin flying V !

specs so far:

Maple neck with rosewood fingerboard, 24 frets

TOM bridge string thru body

GOTOH mini tuning pegs

Seymour Duncan 59 pickups (but, i may use the stock ones out of my Hamer and put the SD's in the Hamer, not sure yet)

Custom flying V design

Now, I want some nice lows out of this, so i am thinking Alder body, or possibly basswood, if i can get it thick enough

if worse comes to worse, i will buy some straight grain mahogany and do it up mahogany body maple neck

Edit, figured i might as well show you the rough shape idea, its just on paper

NewGuitarBody.jpg

I got to fix up around the neck pocket though, its a little off

Curtis

and there was a few stuff that was bugging me, i didnt like the pickguard, or the rear cover, the body had a dent in it, and just a few finishing mis haps, so, i, i destroyed the body, lol

Thats cool man, I bet you will be much happier with the V than with the jem. I'm not a V man myself but whatever makes you happy. I like that design, only thing I thought of was possibly making those little carves in the sides, straight cuts, not curved. I know the rest is pretty much curved but I think straight cuts there would look cool, so they would look like triangle cut outs, anyways just something I thought would look cool to me. I think it's cool anyways, I can't wait to see it turn out. Good luck man.

Hey curtis, I did the same thing on my first 'build'. I put a lot of work into it--and a lot more work learning how to use the tools. But when it came time to finish it, I decided there were too many problems with it to bother--I knew I'd never really enjoy playing the guitar.

But I learned a LOT about building, and that's what it's all about.

And yeah, I've got plenty of hardware left over for the next build...

I can understand you doing what you did, but you don't have to lay the carcass at my doorstep, step up to the plate and own your own destruction, it is an empowering moment to smell the burned and charred remains of your own best efforts now and then.

:D:DB):DB)

PS, I don't like that V shape very much. Just my opinion.

Why don't you start a thread "In progress" and keep us posted? Maybe we could have helped to keep things in line on your Jem project. Was the guitar at least playable before you trashed it? C'mon dude, you're bouncing all over the place. What happened to the Flying V acoustic bass guitar project? :D

Edited by Southpa

You -really- want to draw inspiration from Drak?

Now that you've destroyed one guitar, you have to replace it with 17 different Teles, smash half of them, and don't tell us about the rest until they're mostly finished--but don't ever show us pictures of them with hardware, or anything! :D

On a side note, I'm not too fond of that V either.