A Good Combo Amp

Nitefly SA

Im looking for an amp greater than 50 watts and in the 500 dolars range i want it to sound good both clean and distorted, i tried out a marshall mini stack and liked it but thats only 15 watts are there any marshalls that sound good but arent ungodly expensive? i was thinking about the line 6 210 but that digital and i dont know if i'd like it, help if you can, thanks

Im looking for an amp greater than 50 watts and in the 500 dolars range i want it to sound good both clean and distorted, i tried out a marshall mini stack and liked it but thats only 15 watts are there any marshalls that sound good but arent ungodly expensive? i was thinking about the line 6 210 but that digital and i dont know if i'd like it, help if you can, thanks

crate has a whole line of reasonabbly priced amps. i have a 15 watt that sounds better then my 100 watt marshal mg100dfx.

i was thinking about the line 6 210 but that digital and i dont know if i'd like it, help if you can, thanks

Im sorry, but one thing i cant stand is this kind of thing, just go out to a shop and try the damn thing for god's sake.

Only you will know if you will like the sound.

Personally, I prefer the Vox Valvetronix, but thats me.

Also, there is no real need to buy new, search around for a second hand Combo, for $500, you could probably Pick up a s/h lovely bit of kit..

Possibly, i have no idea of American prices, but you may be able to get a TSL601 combo, or a DSL401, or even a fender Hotrod Deluxe.

Just get out there and try loads of amps.

If you are thinking of buying, the shop owners wont mind you being in there all day if you feel like it.

that one looks pretty good. I have been trying to organize a trip to guitar center, it is an hour and a half away, so its not a huge trip nor is it an everyday errand but i want to try out a few things, one being a parker nitefly SA i think i want one i mean i love the features but if it doesnt feel right then i aint buyin. but i really want to try some amps, and the only stores we have in my town are 2 stores, one horribly over priced and very forceful (dont let you play anything) they other very nice and helpful but not very well stocked, mostly a piano place so i guess ill wait till my trip.

Edited by Nitefly SA

i dont know if i care much for the tube amps,my ex girlfriend had a tube amp and it was impossible to distort, i used a pedal known as the "beyond metal pedal" and still hardly anything

Try telling metallica,slayer,anthrax,dimebag,judas priest,iron maiden, in flames, arch enemy, lamb of god and shadows fall that tube amps don't distort :D

i dont know if i care much for the tube amps,my ex girlfriend had a tube amp and it was impossible to distort, i used a pedal known as the "beyond metal pedal" and still hardly anything

Well hers didn't

No offense... but that's kind of like saying "I don't think I like cars with gasoline engines... I tried this one car and it was kind of slow... It's diesel for me from here on out."

Go tell Mesa/Boogie that their Double Rectifier and Triple Rectifier amps don't distort enough :D.

Edited by jnewman

I tried the beyond metal pedal, forget that.

Maybe the speaker is worn or something, I dunno. What I do know is you're the first person I have come across who would take a solid state amp over a tube amp.

You want tube amp metal distortion? Bogner Uberschall. That thing EATS Mesas :D Of course that's a 5000 dollar head lol.

Go with the line 6, or better yet, just go see what they have and try it out. No one is going to fully agree 100%, and if we did, you may end up hateing it.

-Jamie

Edited by sepultura999