Neck Fretting

Have you actually read any books or looked at any tutorials on THIS site? Just about every question you have asked is answered in one of the tuts on the main site. I really think you need to take a few steps back and do a little more research before you go any further. the biggest part of building a guitar is planning and research, given the questions you have asked on this site (several times in some cases) its obvious you haven't done any. The people on this site are very knowledgeable and very helpful, but you have to show you are willing to do your part and do some research.

http://projectguitar.com/tut/tutorial9.htm

Have you actually read any books or looked at any tutorials on THIS site? Just about every question you have asked is answered in one of the tuts on the main site. I really think you need to take a few steps back and do a little more research before you go any further. the biggest part of building a guitar is planning and research, given the questions you have asked on this site (several times in some cases) its obvious you haven't done any. The people on this site are very knowledgeable and very helpful, but you have to show you are willing to do your part and do some research.

http://projectguitar.com/tut/tutorial9.htm

from what i got out of it u just bang the fretts in is that correct?ive red the tutorials several times which made mention of removing glue and im still confused.

so no glue, cool.

Uh, no. There are probably a dozen reasons to use glue, and just as many not to. The point here is that you need to get a book or something because your question confirms your lack of understanding of the whole concept. The question doesn't work as a stand alone question. I realize I said "no help for you!" but I'm going to actually give you a little help. Some use glue, some don't. Some mash the barbs some don't. Some over radius the ends, some don't. Some hammer, some press. Some route the slot, and just drop the fret in with epoxy. Master builders find reasons to use all of the above, and sometimes all on the same guitar! IMO you need to research the different methods first. We'll be happy to help when your questions show you've got a general understanding about the process. Your post was like walking into a mechanic's garage and asking "So how do you guys fix an engine? I want to know so I can fix engines too" :D

"You come back one year!" :D

No s**t, I've taken a liking to claw hammers for fretting. I used a brass one, a plastic one, hell, I even made a wooden mallet specially to try, but none worked for me as good as the "more power" method. If you try it, please be careful, they are serious tools for big boys. And the claw will pull frets if you're in a pinch. :D

from what i got out of it u just bang the fretts in is that correct

Thats what I do. I use a claw hammer too, that way if one doesnt seat right you can just pry it back out, just like Alex. Cut your frets, line em' up and start banging. Yup, thats the way!

Amen Jehle, but thats where the claw on the hammer comes into play. Its probably a good idea to mark each fret before you put them in so you dont have to pull them back out. Make sure they ll face the bass side of the neck. I draw little arrows.

Yup. A .357 makes right purty holes for dot inlays. Before you glue it to the neck, that is.

No, the revolver is for me to shoot myself if I mess up the fretboard. It's "white" brazilian rosewood. It took forever to find, but it's pretty critical to the theme on my next build. Dot inlays? Me? hahahaha