Fedex Guitar

Briand

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the bridge is drilled , it was in the mock up, all those holes are for switches controlling the pickups.

What he said ^. Yes the finish has the holes plugged up, will clean them up later on.

This guitar is more then money to me. It has been a very good challenge and cool to see something other then the norm come to shape. It has pushed my abilities with all the cuts and angles in it but it has been fun.

The story in short form.

I am in management for FedEx and play with guitars as a passion. The guitar started out as just a project for something challenging for the first guitar for me to build from scratch. It all started on a Stake-n-Shake place mat (great food). Now the emails on the progress have spread to corporate and I have been contacted but I told them I want to get it done before we talk about it.

So only the first half of the story is complete as of now.

A part of me wants to keep it for my self, as it is the only one in the world. Plus how do you put a price tag on a one of a kind guitar (priceless)?

i hate fedex with a passion. they break guitars and deny claims for no reason. court will be fun.

this thread is about the fedex guitar not the company

unsolicited comments like that will get you a 2 week vacation

Consider this your warning

Edited by Scott Rosenberger

i hate fedex with a passion. they break guitars and deny claims for no reason. court will be fun.

Yeah, especially when you lose :D

i cant lose

its just that im probably too lazy to keep the process going

It will be all about how it was packaged when it was shipped.

Not to be a butt, this is about guitars in progress not companies.

Yeah, but you can bet if you built a guitar that featured say, the Sears logo, you'd get everybody and his brother who's ever had a Kenmore dryer or a Craftsman lawnmower crap out on 'em saying they hate Sears, along with the 20 other jerks who chime in to say that it's "really not their cup of tea". Welcome to the internet.

Welcome to the forum, and yes, I dig the guitar, too. Good job :D

Very cool guitar and very well built. One thing I might do is make the headstock in the design of a package,lol, I think that would top it off, but right now it looks classy for a company themed guitar and adding a headstock with a package looking headstock might take away from that but who knows? I think it would be funny though, just make it like a rectangle with a stripe going down the middle and across the middle and make it brown, that way it will look like a package, maybe even put a little label on the front of back that say Fedex and their address, just a thought, either way killer work man and congrats, I think the company will be pleased with that thing, maybe you and the guitar will make it to a commercial, how cool would that be! Good luck and keep us posted! J

Yeah, especially when you lose :D

i cant lose

its just that im probably too lazy to keep the process going

It will be all about how it was packaged when it was shipped.

wrapped in bubble wrap, inside of an HSC, surrounded in foam, inside a thick guitar box marked "fragile, guitar" all over it

the fact that it was lost in transit for over 30 days and beat to hell doesnt help Fedex's side of the story much either