Should I Or Should I Not

olyen

Hello gentlemen! this guitar is one of my latest projects i am not yet sure if i should spray some tinted lacquer on top of this ,amber maybe? or just let it be the color it has right now ,i know my wife likes it and she says its different than the yellow ,brown ,red i always paint,any opinions would be greatly appreciated.or comments,or critics,thanks.

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d47/olyen/Picture249.jpg

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d47/olyen/Picture256.jpg

pics with and without flash.

it has some clear on it, a couple of them i was thinking on some tinted clear on top of it ,just a little bit ,but yeah i like the idea of keeping that color too,the jack? i dont know ,is where i always use it ,i havent had any problems with it,but now you got me thinking. :D

i have this stupid question,does any of you guys have those programs where you can simulate a different color on this pics like how would this look with a little bit of light light red and amber on top of it? i want to do it and at the same time i dont wanna mess it up,sorry for insisting so much with this ,any help i would appreciate. :D

I kinda like the more natural look. Really classy and much more timeless in terms of colour fads etc. I think a touch of ambering from a poly could warm it up a bit without losing the clarity and natural look of the wood. Just my .02. Looks great btw.

oh maaaaaaaaaan! i was just gonna say the same thing,how the heck do you guys do that? its really sick,i want every color in there,as a matter of fact I think that is the whole reason i started building my own guitar ,when i bought my first high end guitar i liked it and two days later i fell in love with a different color one,and god knows i cant afford more than one,anyways ,gentlemen i really, really ,appreciate the feeback,and i let you know that i am leaning towards sign guy s opinion a little bit more,only i am spraying nitro not poly,so i ll just try to tint the coat with a little amber,hopefully i dont mess it up,i ll post some more pics when i have some progress,right now it s very cold here and the humidity was 50 % i did spray a couple of coats today ,but they called for rain tomorrow ,is fifty % ok for spraying?,it didnt seem to affect my coats,any of you guys know what s the highest humidity level that can still allow me to spray succesfully? i like this forum by the way,a lot of help and i laugh a lot too,thanks guys.

LOL, just like kids in a candy shop....

Yes I love the colours too, they're very "striking". For me, unless I see just one colour that makes me say "that's the one" immediately upon seeing it, I would go for the safety zone hehe. I think you'd be happy with any colour, but unless you're sure I'd stick to a natural look personally.

Gotta say, great job helping out guys! It's sooo nice to see the efforts and interest by members in each others projects. Kudos!

LOL, just like kids in a candy shop....

Yes I love the colours too, they're very "striking". For me, unless I see just one colour that makes me say "that's the one" immediately upon seeing it, I would go for the safety zone hehe. I think you'd be happy with any colour, but unless you're sure I'd stick to a natural look personally.

Gotta say, great job helping out guys! It's sooo nice to see the efforts and interest by members in each others  projects. Kudos!

You are right Signguy,thats exactly how it is,although i dont like candy, iam more of the hot stuff,hey what do you think of that carve does it look ok? its my fourth or fifth,i think i am getting the hang of it what do you think?

What would also work well to set off that beautiful top is to dye the mahogany black, so you get the defined grain, but a black background to set off the color of the top, whatever it may be.

Oh, and don't get rid of that nice maple stripe of faux binding, whatever you decide.

And just for the record, I'm really diggin' that lime green... :D

yeah a like the maple binding too,well,i messed it up, i put a little amber on top of what i had and it was horrible,i hated it ,so then i thought i d darken it a little bit so i put some red and brown tinted nitro and ended up with this ,pretty standard color better than before but not quite what i was going for,anyways ,tips for next time are welcome,i know for sure that i ll get it closer to what i want next time just with dyes and then not play too much with the clear ,i think for me it works better that way,or just keep trying i guess experience will give me nicer results,regards .thanks for the help and sorry if i dissapointed some of yous. :D

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d47/olye...SGUITARS016.jpg

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d47/olye...SGUITARS015.jpg

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d47/olye...SGUITARS017.jpg

"what do you think of that carve does it look ok? its my fourth or fifth,i think i am getting the hang of it what do you think?"

I think you did a great job on the carve. Looks really natural. What all did you use to carve it with?