The Damien

666.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d177/dea...IEN/666matt.jpg

Yes its rough but I can see it done and it blows my mind

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/ZAD...c25272trade.jpg

Ive modified one of my really old designs to bring it up to date with my style

this build will be 7-string with one EMG one push pull pot, Alder body finished in Flat Black, I'll be useing my Impaler headstock but reversed, 24 fret neck maple neck

!!METAL MATT!! :D

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love that, what about the headstock?

New-10.jpg

I'll be useing this one but reversed!!

I like it a lot! The only change I would make is the finish. Personally, I'd like to see this guitar done with a black-dyed flame maple top (sorta like this month's GOTM but darker)--gloss, of course--with a gloss black back and sides.

Even a matte finish over the dyed flamed maple would look nice; I've just never been able to get into plain flat black guitars. They look too much like they're made of plastic. This design in particular has enough of a classic look to it that it would be wonderfully accented by a maple cap, while a black and possibly matte paint/dye job would keep it suitably metal.

Whatever you end up doing, I'm sure the finished product will :D !

Oh, and shall we assume black hardware?

I like it a lot! The only change I would make is the finish. Personally, I'd like to see this guitar done with a black-dyed flame maple top (sorta like this month's GOTM but darker)--gloss, of course--with a gloss black back and sides.

Even a matte finish over the dyed flamed maple would look nice; I've just never been able to get into plain flat black guitars. They look too much like they're made of plastic. This design in particular has enough of a classic look to it that it would be wonderfully accented by a maple cap, while a black and possibly matte paint/dye job would keep it suitably metal.

Whatever you end up doing, I'm sure the finished product will  !

Oh, and shall we assume black hardware?

Well to tell you the truth Im really excited about this guitar and im doing it in flat black nothing else :D this guitar is going to be deadly and Ive started building up every thing I need and work will start ASAP I just need my alder and away I go

and im thinking that black Hardware is what I'll go with but you never know

666HEADSTOCK.jpg

Im thinking that A headstock like this may fit the design better!!

I've just never been able to get into plain flat black guitars. They look too much like they're made of plastic. This design in particular has enough of a classic look to it that it would be wonderfully accented by a maple cap, while a black and possibly matte paint/dye job would keep it suitably metal.

+1

I agree, but in the end, its always what makes the player happy!

+1

I agree, but in the end, its always what makes the player happy!

Yep and Flat Black it is :D to me this thing will be so wild in flat black

Would that headstock be a 7 inline, or a 5+2 or 4+3 or something? I'm assuming the first?

Yep its going to be 7 inline

No chrome for me!!! can you say powder coated? :D

• 1 month later...

WOOD IS ON ITS WAY!! WORK WILL BE STARTING SOON :D that is if I can pull my self away from my Girl hahaha

34_1ALDER.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d177/dea...r/7e_1ALDER.jpg

Sweet looking design and I'm with you - go with the black. I like figured woods but I'm not sure they fit the stripped down look of a metal inspired guitar. Metal is more "industrial". :D

I was curious about the sweep at the bottom of the guitar. Was it just something that you thought look good for the overall design (I agree with that) or is there a functional reason? I'm just wondering since there is a bass thread elsewhere with a similar scoop done to facilitate playing in classical position.

Can't wait to see more...

METAL MATT just wondering...some deep black coloured flame maple top with matching headstock wouldnt be nice??

well theres no qustion it would look deadly in a nice flame BUT I really want to do the Flat black it just works in my head on this design

I was curious about the sweep at the bottom of the guitar. Was it just something that you thought look good for the overall design (I agree with that) or is there a functional reason? I'm just wondering since there is a bass thread elsewhere with a similar scoop done to facilitate playing in classical position.

its for both really the this is not the first one of its kind! this was my very first design many years ago and I wanted it to be a guitar I could play and I play in the classical position but I wanted it to look good at the same time and I really hit the nail on the head with this design but for some reason the design fell out of my mind when I started to do more wild designs and I lost that fire I had inside for it so I let it die off, but one day I was thinking that I want my guitars on the market but not many people like the EXTREAM WICKED MORBID STAP KILL DESTORY guitars even if I did :D so I was thinking about how I could do something like Ibanez there RGs work on some many levels and every one and any one could play them METAL, ROCK, anything really but I wanted my design to stay true to my Aggressive style and I wanted it to be meaner than an RG design so I was going thru my designs when I found my body siting in A box so I grabed it and traced it out and I made it new and modern and up to date with my style and this new DAMIEN is what I got and im really happy with it

• 1 month later...

Ok wood is hear THANK GOD now I can get some real work done, Im starting the body template today

Pics of Progress soon :D