Cigar Box Guitar Contest Voting

Daniel Sorbera

Okay for some reason it won't give me the option to start a poll. So just type your vote and I'll talle them up at the end.

If you neec a second look click here

The entries are:

Jehle

Nitefly SA

Godin SD

Let the voting begin! :D

This pole will run until next thursday at 12:00 noon

Edited by Godin SD

Yeah, Godin, you missed the idea of a guitar box...very pretty what you built, but if you took that down to Maxwell Street, they'd beat on your butt.

Does Maxwell Street still exist?

But I really like those 'tuned port holes', think it adds a lot to the instrument. It should have some kind of electrification, of course.

As much as I like Jehle's White Owl, I'm going to have to handicap him :D because he's a professional --he's already sold a couple of these.

I really like Nitefly's bodacious effort. But I think he'd get his ass kicked even harder than Godin's if he came to Maxwell Street with that one.

So my vote goes to...hmm...Godin. Even though he went way beyond the idea of a Cigar Box, it was his idea to run a contest, so he gets to win the first one. :D

It should have some kind of electrification, of course.

I'm going to wind a magnetic pickup for it but I diddn't have time for the competition.

It is tuned A C# F A (a fourth apart)

It sounds better than I could have ever hoped for. It sounds as good as my acoustic just quiter (and tuned much higher). I think it would sound sweet as a lead guitar with some nice gain. That tuning makes playing some awesome lead stuff very easy to play.

Edited by Godin SD