New Guitar For 2006

Im about to start my first guitar of this year and have some ideas on what ill be doing some input would be appreciated.

Ok so far i have drawn out an idea for the body shape and such, but ill list off parts and materials first:

- Black tunners

- wilconsin bridge (trem)

- 3 pickups (havent decided which ones)

- neck thru maple neck

- mahogany body

- possible flamed maple top (if i decide to do a sunburst of sorts)

- graphtech nut

- thorned vine inlay on fretboard (abalone, peal)

- wide medium fret wire

- black finnish

----------------------

guitarproject11.jpg

Well i plan on going out to get wood in the next few days. I would like some suggestions before I head out to grab the wood. Hopefully not everyone hates it haha :D . Its still a rough drawing and i had to work with it so u can see the drawing on the paper.

thx for ur time guys

Thats alot of reply's in only half a day!

Thank you for all you input guys!

Well i was down at my local hardwood store and picked up some eastern hardsap for the neck thru and some honduran mahogany for the wings. I think ill just paint this one black and maybe do something with the edges.

I got enough maple to make 3-4 neck thru's ( had to buy a 76 inch peice haha). So i think i may have to make two of these guitars at one time!

Ill post some pics of the wood later for all of you to see.

well I like it and it will look deadly BUT a bit to much Leviathan I love the theam I just like to see something more your own

DEADLY DESIGN

!!METAL MATT!! :D

Thx Matt but really before i had even seen the leviathan i was thinking about a design like it but the leviathan gave me that push to put it on paper.

I have decided for one of them to be pure black and another I will do something crazy with haha.

If LGM has a problem with the shape being to similar then I will change my design...

but seeing as im only making these two guitars for myself i dont see a major problem with it.

wood pictures comming soon... (stupid exam week is slowing me down)

Have you built a guitar before? Well, even if you have, may I recomend that you build only one at a time. If you build two at once, you're liable to make the same mistake on both guitars. However, if you build one, then another, you can avoid any mistakes that you might have made on the first guitar while building the second. Just my $.02, and as usual suppliment it with a grain of salt.

peace,

russ

i have made guitars before!

when i say at the same time its more in the sense of getting one finnished and ready for paint, then while doing the paint job on that one, work on the next. Personnaly painting isnt the funnest thing for me so i like some thing to do during it. and seeing as i will have all my templates and everything all ready it will be a little less work.