Effects Board

helge

thats a cool idea, its better than having a 17ft long pedalboard at least :D

i'm assuming there is space under the raised bits? why not stick some superbright LEDs in the space so you can have lighting?

I agree with godin. It's very close to looking very professional, but it's not quite there. I made a dresser once with panels of luan mahogany plywood recessed into the doors, drawer fronts, and sides. I covered the plywood with a sheet of aluminum flashing and hit the whole thing with a wire brush chucked into a drill for a brushed aluminum look. It turned out great. I think this would look pretty awesome with the same treatment. Also, what's holding the pedals down? You might benefit from buying a roll of velcro to keep everything in its place. Overall, great job. I'm running out of room on my current pedal board and I really like your design; I might have to hijack it.

peace,

russ

hi,

thanks for the quick answers...i'm also still thinking about the finish of the wood...its just, that i dont like it black or dark in any way...the idea with the aluminium is great...might do that...the pedals are holded down by screws...i kept two original screws in the pedal and got me the exact screws, just longer and then drilled them through the board into the original holes in the pedal...its really save and they will never come off, unless i want them to...and yeah, there is space under the raised bits...the powercables are there...hate it, when they are all over the place...i can take some more closeup pictures, if you are interested...

I don't need any more pictures. It's just the 3 tiers and the area for the expression pedals that I like, your basic configuration. I think I might copy it buy change it a little bit so that the two upper tiers are on hinges so they can be lifted up. I think I'll also have each progressive tier a bit further forward, so they cover the lower level's knobs and what not. That would really cut down on the space it takes up.

peace,

russ

very nice indeed. for those of you interested you can also use Greatstuff expansion foam to form fit your pedals. just wrap them up first.

100_0494.jpg

double post

Ansil, I'd be curious to see the final product of that all tidied up-- with just the Great Stuff, it looks a mess and it's hard to tell what's happening!

Greg

well alas i dont' have a pic GregP. I am sorry but basically all i did was pull out the pedals trim up the foam with a razor knife and then glue on some very nice gothic black fuzzy material [fuzzy but not linty] and then sewed on some nice burgundy material [kind of like a coffin liner for a bad horror movie] plus all the fun stuff like custom switching and a custom 2A powersupply with sag options. it was a sweet piece but i ended up ripping out the nice burgundy material and scrapped the whole thing because the guy stopped paying on it and i lost the switching schematic that i spent a couple of days on. after that i just chunked it. but i am like that sometimes i just can it. The first Vampyre amp head i just chucked it [the head not the chasis and parts] And i junked the First penguin amp head [but to be fair the head box i was using for it was a makeshift one as perry was building his own but i had no contact with him for months on end so i was unsure if we were still on or not later i needed the money and sold it after christmas]

anyway if i do another one i will try to take more pics now that i have the driver for my camera [cheapy one] and i have a new 160 gig HD that i can't get the computer to reckognize.

ed