Recording Software

monkey69962000

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was wondering about something... some of you talk about getting an interface and such to avoid latency: Could I get a mixer and plug the line out in my sound card, and then plug the mixer into monitors?

Certainly! An audio interface often is a sound card but can also be USB or Firewire and not a card. In anycase as long as the monitors are powered, yep! :D

Just remember on board sound cards and even the higher end entertainment cards like creatives x-fi dont have the best conversion componenets as well as suffer from latancy problems. Your best bet for a nice clean recording is a good interface, it doesnt even have to be fancy. there are plenty of firewire ones on the market that are amazingly good for there price. I just want people to understand that its almost the most important part of your recording system.

I was wondering about something... some of you talk about getting an interface and such to avoid latency: Could I get a mixer and plug the line out in my sound card, and then plug the mixer into monitors?

Absolutely-- if you're using plug-in effects you'll still get latency, but if you're recording something dry, something with outboard FX, or a mic'd guitar amp, that's a good way to defeat latency issues.

Greg