Next Guitar

Daniel Sorbera

There's something I've always wanted to see: A custom guitar for me for free. Sadly that usually not an option. SO, I'm gunna go for the clear over fancy pants wood. Maybe something with matching grain patterns back and front! My next guitar is having that. Flamed Claro Walnut top, with flamed Anigre back. SO much flame!!! :D

Chris

I love your guitars that I've seen before, but if I recall, most of them were with "good looking wood." You could continue this and make another exotic one, or you could do something different and try a cool graphic. Doesn't matter to me, I'll be excited to see your work either way. :D

I vote cool graphic

I think I saw something once were somebody had the petrucci ibanez model and it was a flamed top and the picasso was stained instead of painted, you could do something like tht, keep with your figured woods but at the same time have a cool design.

I think something with a plain white finish and black hardware would look sweet with the Milk Dud design you've got going on. OR...

White body, 3 white EMG-SA pickups arranged strat style, nickel hardware, fully bound ebony fretboard with LP Custom pearl block inlays, and Schaller lockers with pearl buttons. Flippin' sweet!

It would be cool to do something like what Nitefly SA suggested. Couldn't find a great picture, but this gives you the basic idea. You could show the wood, and a design. It would take a talented person to pull it off....and I think you could do it. :D

I think something with a plain white finish and black hardware would look sweet with the Milk Dud design you've got going on. OR...

White body, 3 white EMG-SA pickups arranged strat style, nickel hardware, fully bound ebony fretboard with LP Custom pearl block inlays, and Schaller lockers with pearl buttons. Flippin' sweet!

I say go for the exotic woods, buy more wood from durawoods and make a laminates galore guitar like an alembic. And then also make a multi-piece neck with the sorbera's "S" inlayed with abalone in the middle of the neck on the contour side of the neck (not the fretboard)...lol...sweet...

Oh did I mention try making this guitar an electric/acoustic just like the Tom Anderson Atom/Crowdster models? That'll be a challenge...

Edited by rokeros

We w're already thinking of building a solid body carved top (mild dud shape) made out of a single piece of spruce. It would have an acoustic bridge and an acoustic pickup.

Maybe something like that. Or a real crowdster type with a hollow body and thin braced acoustic style top.

You stole my idea!!! :D I planned on doing that for a build sometime.

Godin: Swamp Ash body, grainfilled black, and spray it natural. emg ha (sa in a humbucker housing) in the bridge and neck, and an SA in the middle position. Nickel wilkinson tremolo, abalone pearloid purfling stripes down the fretboard like on those Peavey guitars, abalone original inlays!! no idea what for headstock and anything else I've missed.