Hugest Score I've Ever Seen!

Who buys all that stuff for a first build anyway?!?!?!

For some reason some people feel the need to buy every specialized tool that *can* be used to do a particular job. Its funny cuz some of the best builders probably don't own half of what buddy sold there or they own them but they are tools that the builders made themselves.

Like a drum sander? why would you even remotely need one of those on a first, second or even ...tenth build. Granted it does make life easier. But totally not worth the investment if you are only going to build a handfull of guitars.

Case of beer + cabinet shop = Free thickness sander any time you need it.

Wow!

Whoever sold all that made a big mistake IMO.

I'm sure they could have got MUCH more for it all by selling everything individually, and perhaps offering postage on some of the items.

Oh... My.... God.... you have NO idea how accurate that is! That how I get ALL my drum sanding and jointing done. First time I went I asked how much and he said free. But every couple times jsut bring a couple beers for the guys.

Chris

Who buys all that stuff for a first build anyway?!?!?!

For some reason some people feel the need to buy every specialized tool that *can* be used to do a particular job. Its funny cuz some of the best builders probably don't own half of what buddy sold there or they own them but they are tools that the builders made themselves.

Like a drum sander? why would you even remotely need one of those on a first, second or even ...tenth build. Granted it does make life easier. But totally not worth the investment if you are only going to build a handfull of guitars.

That was a lot of tools for a first and only build. As far as the drum sander. That is a huge tool for acoustics. I would still think for a first build buying surfaced sets and planes would have been fine. This fella probably wanted to just dive in with the right tools, and that is what he got. That was a heck of a deal for the person that bought the lot.

Peace,Rich

I agree he sold quite a bit for that price. I don't know why he set his Buy It Now price so low, unless he just needed the money real bad. Actually, the best way I've found to get good tools is at property auctions. That's where I got my Woodmaster 725 Pro Pak 25" Planer/Drum Sander/Moulder, for a little over 800 dollars. It runs perfect, it's just the people was getting out of woodworking business, and retiring to travel all over the country. Now I look through the paper everyday for auctions in my area that have woodworking tools!!!

woodmaster725.jpg

There are some great deals out there, just have to find them. Oh yeah, and make sure when you do actually win an auction you have a way to haul the item home.. haha

You know, I was going to post something about the man's intelligience, but looking over that list again, $2,000 isn't a bad price to let all of that stuff go for. The only really expensive piece of machinery is the drum sander--everything else are just benchtop tools. He probably could have gotten more for the supply stock, but if he's moving or something then it would be worth more just to get rid of it all quickly.

You know, I was going to post something about the man's intelligience, but looking over that list again, $2,000 isn't a bad price to let all of that stuff go for. The only really expensive piece of machinery is the drum sander--everything else are just benchtop tools. He probably could have gotten more for the supply stock, but if he's moving or something then it would be worth more just to get rid of it all quickly.

I agree.

OH GOD! I SO just one upped even THIS huge score! Went down to my local Barnes and Nobles.... got Popular Science's 700 page, 2000 photo/illustration "Complete Book of Power Tools" for a mere $2.84 after discount, frequent buyer's club, including tax.... now THAT's a sweet deal!

Shows tons of awesome/helpful jigs and what not for SO many tools.

Chris

verhoevenc you might want to buy WOOD magazines best ever woodworking jigs

homemade tools and shop organizers. (if you haven't already done so)

And I can email some PDF files with plans for building an adjustable square and some shop organizer articles for anybody who wants them.

Edited by PunkRockerLuke

DoD supra distortion & equalizer pedals, a Dimarzio fred humbucker, 3 speed knobs, a trem off of a BC rich, (3) 500kohm potentiometers, 1 short jack cable to connect pedals, strat jack plate, 1 mono 1 stereo output jack(s) all from the same guy for FREE. and they all work

Edited by PunkRockerLuke