I Need Some Tools!

!!METAL MATT!!

Ok I need some used tools, If you have some stuff kicking around the shop and your willing to get rid of it or sell it or trade it le me know!!

Im looking for

Drill press

bandsaw

Oscillating Spindle Sander

Im trying to set up a make shift shop hear so I can get more work done and faster

!!METAL MATT!! :D

have you tried Craigslist Matt?

craigslist.org

I cant read the Font on that Page for some reason :D

any one out there with something?

Check your paper for local auctions also. That's where I got my Woodmaster 25" planer/drum sander at. If I'd have had the money I could have bought all those tools you listed above for a cheap price.

I wouldn't buy used tools unless you got a good deal though. I recently called a person that had an ad in the paper about a 14" Grizzly Bandsaw, didn't have a price though. So, I called him, and he said that he was retiring and did construction work for years. He said he bought the bandsaw as a tax write off and had only assembled it, never used it, but then proceded to expect a new price on it. I listened to him ramble on about how he had to pay for shipping, and then all the trouble it took to assemble it. Then he said, I gave close to 400 dollars to get it, I'll take 350 for it now. I almost laughed at him while he was talking.. I suggested that he was too high, since it was a used tool. He said, "no, no, no, you didn't hear me right, I said I never used it, I bought it as a tax write off, and thought I could use it for our business, but we never used it." I could tell he wasn't wanting to give me a decent price, so I just politely told him that I really couldn't pay that for it, and if he considers coming down, call me.. lol Will he call back? Who knows, who cares, there is always a better deal somewhere anyway.

So, don't fall for just any deal, do your research and know what your buying!!

Try harborfreight.com . Some of their tools are poorly built, but others are really good deals.

The Harbor Freight near me is selling this drill press for $200. It's not listed on the internet, though, so I don't know if all the stores are doing it. I bought one and it seems like a really solid machine. Only time will tell, but $200 for such a monster seemed like too good of a deal to pass up.

well I cant do any of them ideas I live in a small city its not even really a city and there is no wood shops or pappers that can help B) thats really why I asked hear, I wount buy tools off ebay any more :D

Ok I just need a Cheepo drill press for now so I can use it as a sander any one have an old Beater?

every thing else can wait for a bit I just really need this Drill press

Hey Matt,

My drill press was stolen, so that's outa the question now. Try something like this?

http://cgi.ebay.ca/5-SPEED-MINI-DRILL-PRES...1QQcmdZViewItem

It'll probably be about $70 or so dollars with some decent shipping, and dirt cheap if you go ground (weeks of waiting) or freight. I think that's about as cheap as you can get considering that even if you buy a used one, you're still gonna pay more for the shipping than the press itself.

If you have a Sears nearby, try this for the step up:

http://www.sears.ca/gp/product/B000FJG9FG/...nodeid=16364751

It's still rather cheap?

Peace

I was looking at the ebay ones and I may go that way but I dont like buying tools off ebay :D

i don't know if this will help, but have you tried canadian tire? they have a line called jobmate now. i bought a drill press for 30.00, a dremel for 18.00, and a cordless drill with case for 25.00. i was told it was junk, but i like them. more reliable then they're given credit for.

i don't know if this will help, but have you tried canadian tire? they have a line called jobmate now. i bought a drill press for 30.00, a dremel for 18.00, and a cordless drill with case for 25.00. i was told it was junk, but i like them. more reliable then they're given credit for.

HAHAHA YA I tryed the one we have In town :D the thing was smashed when I got it so I took it back and got a new one and the moter was all dented in and the cooling fan would not move so I kinda gave up on them

you end up being really hit or miss when you look at some of the cheaper lines; I have a few jobmate items...one quarter sheet sander, etc... and they're all fine, but the two angle grinders I got (one bought, one from the return) did not work, so I just ended up going with a quality one....(dewalt in that case....my wallet cried for days).

Have you got a princess auto near you?

http://www.princessauto.com/PAcountry.cfm?...F=loc&SPC=1

Peace