Acg Harlot

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers Jon

I was over at ERB. What makes a bass fall into the ERB camp. Is it 5 strings and above or is there a better definition.

Thanks for visiting! It's not one set definition, many people will describe it differently. My opinion of extended range of playing would be extended range thinking, more frets, more strings, use of both hands for chords etc. 5 strings would definitely fall into the category, but most would not consider it as an ERB because it is simply so common. Wes said it best, "We're a sub-culture of a sub-culture". :D

Feel free to post on the forums. I'd love to see your work in the Luthiery forums, just about all of the members are big names, most are very interested in custom work.

Edited by Jon

That single cut is looking awesome!

Hi Thirsty.

I used to think the same out of site out of mind but I now do everything to best of my ability no matter if seen or not as I discovered it started to annoy me the fact that I could have done it better.

I also think it keeps you in the right frame of mind ie not sloppy and this makes for a better instrument in the end.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just started this Recurve for Paul.

The spec.

Body wood is Black Limba with a Spalted Scottish Beech top and a black veneer accent line.

Neck ,Wenge/Black Limba 5 peice with Spalted Beech headplate and a Black Limba backplate and heel. The fingerboard will be Macassar Ebony.

Hardware. Hipshot Type A bridge in brass,Hipshot Ultralite tuners,2 ACG Fatbas custom wound humbuckers, ACG Bass EQ 01 custom made filter based pre-amp.

Finish will be AC Lacquer.

255868640_06dd9f65ac.jpg

More pics at;ACG Gallery

:D Ahhh.....I love that beech. Spalted tops are one of my favorites. I can't wait to see this one finished! All your work has been great, but I am especially excited to see this one. :D