2nd Project Finished!

**SEE NEXT PAGE FOR FINISHED PIC**

I have some progress pix I'd like to share to see what you all thought. This is my 2nd project, I learned an awful lot from the first (floral left handed RG) and learned even more working on this one, but I think it's turning out much better already.

Body with matchin pickguard: Honestly, it was so difficult trying to match up the fabric for the pickguard to blend in(cuz I cut the fabric at different times) that I was pleasantly surprised it lined up so well. Keep in mind the pickguard has only a few coats of SS and has not been sanded at all yet.

BwPG_1.jpg

For the pickguard, I also think i'll do a burst around the bottom edge so it matches the rest of the body, what do you guys think? And obviously, nothing has been clear coated.

EDITED: Didn't know the picture posting rules, sorry bout that. :D

Edited by Jai_Guitars

Think so? See the color for the sides and burst (I like doin a burst I think it blends into the graphic nice and looks better *shrug*) was an issue for awhile because I couldn't figure what color to use. The fabric is actually an off white, but not quite beige, so I couldn't find a color that was suitable, white was just TOO white and everything else I found was too dark, so I tried other colors like a light gray and thought about black but wasn't happy with either. My girfriend suggested red and seemed to fit well, it looked good (i thought :D) and went with the theme of the graphic. But yea, thanks for the reply.

I think the red is fine, but I would have liked to see more of a gradual transition between the red and white, as it is now, the red doesn't seem to burst much to me, it almost immediately jumps from red to white.

Other than that though I like it. Great Idea!

I like the burst, I see it sort of like red fog.

On the other hand, I also really like the clean edge of the pickguard against the red (on the horn especially), so I think you should keep the pickguard without the burst--the pickguard's edge gives you all the transition needed (which is why you need the burst on the body, there's no transition otherwise).

Looks great! And I think it looks good with the red like that. Leave it just as it is, and don't do anything to the pickguard. :D

• 4 months later...

That is awesome, i love the way you've matched the scratch cover :D nice work!! is it wall paper or something? lol, i don't mean that to be an insult but i know that's what Fender used for the old pink pasley teles

i know damned sure i've seen that pattern somewhere before though!! but can't think where

http://projectguitar.ibforums.com/index.ph...c=23689&hl=

Its a fabric... Next time add on to the original thread please, instead of making a new one!

Oh you found it! Right on thanks for combining them...it'd been so long I forgot that thread existed...

It's a piece of fabric glued on. Now you can see the difference between the in progress shot on the first page of this thread and the finished shot.

I know on this forum the feelings were mixed on the red...I don't think there was really any other way to go with it...other forums agreed completely on the red...*shrug*...

East Asians have been using red and black lacquer forever, so personally I think it’s a very sympathetic touch on a guitar with an oriental pattern! But that’s just my view :D once again – very fine work, I feel inspired :D

Edited by NJD