Cool pic of Vai's mirrortop

the third eye

yeah, that guitar rules. i would love it to be a production jem, it would look stellar next to my 77fp :D

also, is this THE bad horsie guitar? did he have the natural unfinished BH guitar finished?

no i think this is a different one, i'm pretty sure there have been 3 bad horsies,

Steve was planning on making it a production model but ibanez have a few bugs yet to work out with it, i'm pretty sure...

not sure if it's still on the 'to do' list..

but steve has mentioned he's working on an 'ultraJem' model...that's all i've heard about new jems/ UVs

lexana - well at least the stuff i work with - a type of plexiglass/acrylic, supposedly/virtually unbreakable, i've worked with it before at my job, very hard, well tricky, to melt and mold into shapes (like over the arm rest) and takes 12 hours to bake in a oven, but you have about 5 seconds to get it in place and mold it or it's garbage. i imagine if that's what the guitar is covered in then those guitars are going to be rediculusly priced when they come out.

But on a side note, that's an enticing neck pickup

This black-bodied Jem prototype features an acrylic mirror veneer, mirror pickguard and pearloid binding. The reflective front of this prototype is crazed around the armrest area. Ibanez have since experimented with the reflective material considerably before perfecting the process of bending it over the curved section of the body. The fret markers are blue LED lights, and the headstock is installed with a red laser in the end. The guitar is also fitted with a Fernandes Sustainer - now commonplace in many of Steve's newer guitars.