New Design

that would be quite funny if it wasnt me.

hehe

just spent the last three hours sanding away all the bubbles. seems the wood shrunk a bit too - the sapele more than the maple of course - so iv had to sand down the maple edges. which is good because it gives me the chance to tidy them up a bit - there were a few places with marks or even bits of black on. so thats one good thing thats come out of it.

That worries me. I'd let the wood sit for at least a few weeks before doing anything else. Just in case it wants to move again.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi there

i saw the carve from the top before you started finishing it and i thought meh it could be alright, then you posted that photo where you can see the whole carve, and farq me dead that looks good

spend the little extra dosh on a compressor and a gun, you wont regret it :D

• 1 month later...

well its been a long time. the finish has buggered up once more (something reacted with something else and it all cracked) but today have shot what is HOPEFULLY the last of the clear coats. i guess its just a wait and see job - let it harden off and fingers crossed

• 2 weeks later...

well its FINALLY done. got it all put together and wired up (again) and i eventually got to play it properly. and i love it. if anyones thinking about getting some bare knuckle pickups, stop thinking and get them now! they are gorgeous!

anyay, heres a pic or two

P4021387.jpg

P4021394.jpg

i'll put more pics in my guitar of the month entry. vote wisely hehe

well to be fair the finish still hasnt hardened off properly, but i couldnt wait. i have it resting in a way that it wont get any marks on it ill it has hardened off. and i played it for a while today, it feels so fluid and easy to play, and those pickups are fantastic