Kahler

westhemann

so yeah...apparently the 7300 pro is exactly like the 2300 pro except that it has a camlock to turn it into a fixed bridge if you need to...

you can buy it here

http://www.wammiusa.com/

for $219..apparently that is the best kept secret in the guitar world...a little marketing would go a long way..

they take paypal..i don't really know what else..i will tell you guys how it is when it gets here and how fast they ship and all thatstuff

Good find, Wes. I have to admit, I don't know much about the Kahler trems besides what I read on this board. But you have got me curious... for that pipe-dream of a headless guitar, tbh. <chuckle>

Greg

Good find, Wes. I have to admit, I don't know much about the Kahler trems besides what I read on this board. But you have got me curious... for that pipe-dream of a headless guitar, tbh. <chuckle>

Greg

AACH! heresy!

:D

wats...well i will be sure to let you guys know about the quality of the unit as compared to a floyd...as far as compared to a 2300...well i have never played one.but they claim it is exactly the same unit except for the set screw feature.

i think it is considered the new version of the 2300.

You know, I've always wanted to try a Kahler trem. I guess it's getting closer to the time I do. I remember when I was a kid back in 1988, a guy in a small guitar shop in Livingston, TX telling me about why the Kahler was superior to Floyds, but all I could think was "man, that looks ugly." Now, I think I'm finally beginning to see the beauty of it. Ah, the hubris of youth and the wisdom of age. :D

:D I've played two guitars with kahlers 2300's (both 80's washburns). They're looovely trems...much nicer than a floyd (IMHO of course), plus with the 7300 apparently you can break a string and still 'stay in tune long enough to finnish the song' says their website.

I'd be buying one if I could afford it and if they shipped here. B) any of you nice people in america willing to do a bit of posting :D I'll pay for it of course.

i just read this...the fact that you have played the 2300 before alleviates my worries about whether or not youwill like it.i will check the quality of this unit of mine when it comes in and let everyone know

Yeah my old guitar teacher had a lovely washburn with a 2300 on it :D he'd be sat there with a 'shred' guitar playing blues and I'd have my les paul standard trying to play metal, crazy world eh?

I've been trawling the kahler sites and apparently the 7xxx series are mass produced whereas the 2xxx series are all handmade. Hence the price differances. I don't think the quality will be noticably affected though.

the kahler came in today...juyst by looking at it i can tell it is much better than a floyd..it is vry well made and actually quite light...i think it is lighter than asa floyd..it is macxhined very well and super well designed..the saddles are adjustable in every direction...and i mean every direction ...side to side,fron to back,you can even set whatever radius you wat and change the cam tension ALL from the top...i think i have a new best friend named kahler

and did i mention the rout is only one inch deep?sheer f-ing genius

the kahler came in today...juyst by looking at it i can tell it is much better than a floyd..it is vry well made and actually quite light...i think it is lighter than asa floyd..it is macxhined very well and super well designed..the saddles are adjustable in every direction...and i mean every direction ...side to side,fron to back,you can even set whatever radius you wat and change the cam tension ALL from the top...i think i have a new best friend named kahler

and did i mention the rout is only one inch deep?sheer f-ing genius

Sounds like a great unit! If someday, for some strange reason, I ever find myself wanting a trem again, I think I'm going to go Kahler. Be sure to post some impressions when you've got it installed.

did i mention the ball ends slip right in...no cutting off strings.

i foresee no dissapointment...everything i have ever heard about these units is good,and when i unlocked it and checked the travel,the smoothness was very apparent.i think this makes trems as easy to install as any fixed bridge...by the way it also comes with a template for the rout..it is cardboard but you can transfer it to wood or plexi

• 1 month later...

Ha-ryu-ken OLDTHREADBUMP!

OK, not that old. Noticed someone talking about a Kahler in another thread, and I wondered--

are Kahler trems like this one very useful for pulling pitch UP, as well? My wee bit of Googling didn't turn any results up.

they pull up and down,same as a floyd.it's just that the springs are shorter and are under the trem,but attached to a cam so they only go down 1"

if you want to know how MUCH they will pull up or down...listen to slayer's "reign in blood"...specifically "alter of sacrifice" for a good example