Rg 7 String Copy

Ok here it is, i thought i´d a diff thread for this one, the neck is laminated santos mahogany and purpleheart, the wings are true mahogany, and it has a bound quebracho fretboard, 24 frets, 20" radius, as you can see in the mockup, it will have a hardtail bridge and a single bridge pickup which, for now will be an IBanez V8-7 ( i hate those) but no money for an EMG 707

rg7.jpg

i love this build.

cant wait to see it completed.

any ideas on a finish?

natural mabye?

Nope...it´s gonna be white...but i´ll leave the neck natural...i origianlly wanted a quilted maple top for it and finish it on a color like Jackson´s chlorine and leave a fake binding a la PRS, but the maple tops i found were horribly expensive, even the veneers, so well, white it´s gonna be...

• 1 month later...

well,production ibanez guitars have all sorts of fgigured tops...the only way to really get away from what they are already doing is with some sort of graphics or an off the wall paint job...maybe one of those color shifting high end auto style paint jobs?the kind where it looks a different color every time you move it?

or a caramel colored basecoat covered with a translucent amber?red with translucent black topcoat?

just think really hard about it...let your imagination run free...

Check out this ebay store

[url=http://stores.ebay.com/Fraser-Valley-Fine-Woods]

Has some nice sets at a decent penny.

Forgot to add nice work..... :D

Oh them...their shipping costs to anywhere outside the USA or Canada are horrible...and usually shipping to south america is more expensive than shipping to aussie, i asked th other day how much the shipping for a set to Venezuela was and they told me something like 70$...they do have good prices and nice sets, if you live in the USA that´s it :D thanks for the link anyways B)

I hear ya.the shipping cost is as much as some of the sets....however the price & shipping combined is still a good deal.

I picked up a few spalt sets and a flame set recently....gonna need some help when I get to that! Never bent wood before...depending on how involved it is, risk and what not I may just skip the arm rest.