Is It Worth It To Buy This Guitar?

Ezro

That Jem 555 is nothing more than a dressed up RG320, and yes that's way too much for that thing even if it was in pristine condition. There's a Jem 7DBK (the black textured one) at a pawn shop near me for $700 US, and while it's not mint and does have some finish lifting, it's a better class of guitar than that one. If you want a good Ibanez, find yourself a good used RG570 for a couple hundred (I've never paid more than $300 for one). If you want a Jem, I'd save up and get a real one.

lol ya, I definitely lack the skill to do that and don't trust myself enough to try it... yet :D

and also, what about these guitars lol http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...mMakeTrack=true

http://cgi.ebay.com/IBANEZ-rg-170_W0QQitem...1QQcmdZViewItem

I am thinking of getting the first one, it looks really nice :D

Edited by Ezro

Meh, I am just going to buy a brand new Ibanez RG350DX for $400. Thanks for all the help guys :D

Good decision! I picked one of those up a while ago (but I only paid $300, sucks they raised the price) and I put Dimarzio Evolutions in it and did a good setup and it's a little screamer now. I would suggest doing something like this to anyone wanting a Jem, way over priced for what it really is...IMO!

It IS the 'Players Corner'? B)

Sounds like someone woke up on the wrong side of table saw? :D

Being on the wrong side of the table saw is always bad news... :D

Ezro, it doesn't matter what they say. If you know enough about Ibanez guitars, you can easily spot the counterfeits, because they always screw something up. Like those fake Jems. I saw one with a Team J-Craft sticker on the back, but it was the wrong color and not done well enough to be factory. Also, the gold trem arm gives them away, because Ibanez doesn't make them in that color. Or the Ibanez engraving on the trem baseplate, or the wrong type of output jack... The list goes on and on.

For the real Ibanez production guitars, there is nothing wrong with the Korean models except paying too much for them, but I feel that way about everything. I see RG470DX's go for a lot less than $400 on the bay. If you are patient, you'll find one at a decent price. I see RG320DXQM's (quilted maple tops) got for around $250 all the time, and that's a great deal.

i think this is the perfect place to ask these questions...and i do it all the time...just recently with amps.

and since there are ALOT of ibanez afficianadoson this site,where better to ask....except perhaps www.jemsite.com

maybe the "amatuer pschycology" thread is more on topic?