Why Are Floyd Rose Pro's So Cheap?

I was searching around Ebay waiting for my auctions to get done, and I came across the Floyd section. This just purely baffled me. Go type in "floyd pro" in Ebay. There's low-pro floyds sitting there for 50 bucks! At that price, I might even consider getting one for the next project. I mean c'mon, as much as I can't stand them, everyone loves to add some "trembalo" into their solos.

Any reason why this is? I mean, buying a Floyd from StewMac and Warmoth will cost an arm and a leg. This either has to be a godsend or some reason that I completely missed :D

yup, licensed floyds can be found dirt cheap but some of them wear very quickly under heavy use...apparently the cheapest models are made from marzipan & stained with food colouring

Why do I find that very hard to believe...?

=-o EDIBLE GUITAR! GENIUS!

With licorice strings and chocolate bar pickups!

Hi, I just got back from Candy Land.

But think about it, what's MORE metal than lighting your guitar on fire or picking with your teeth?

Taking a big ol' bite out of the upper horn during a guitar solo.

Back on topic, the Floyd's SAY licensed under FR blahblahblah on them, so I dunno. But aren't the Schaller's and other brands the same? I take it nobody's used the FR Pro's then. Hmm... seems enticing, but people will sell anything on Ebay now, eh?

Genuine Floyds are made by the Schaller factory. The Schaller branded floyd version is a very good quality trem, but a few bucks more than the real thing. Gotoh make a good trem, but when it comes down to it, the real deal genuine floyd has the name, status, and price to really be the only choice. Why pay more for the schaller?

Floyd Rose licensed, simply means the company building that trem has paid floyd rose a commission to use their patents (double locking). There is absolutely no quality control by floyd for these trems, and you get what you pay for.

The wholesale price of Floyd Roses have just gone up, so expect that to flow through to street prices ASAP. I reckon you'll be lucky to find the real floyds under $195 within a month.

I think Grizzly has them for $93.5 and Wilkinsons for $130. Check Universal Jems. I think that's our own Brian's site and he sells at discount to the members! Here's the link:

http://www.universaljems.com/

Good luck in your search. Be very careful with what you buy on ebay. There are unscrupulous individuals who craftily word their ads to make you think you're getting the real deal when you're buying a knockoff. :D