The Stratocaster Is Done!

How about "notastrat"?

All of my guitars are named after my ex-girlfriends.

BTW, I like what you did with the position of the control knobs and input jack. Good ergonomic improvement, IMHO. The guitar looks great overall, clean work, I would've just picked different pickups, but that's a user choice thing anyway.

Edited by crafty

What pickups would you have put in? HHH or SSS or a combo like I did? Which pups would you have gone with?

The reason I picked these is because I went to the S.D. website, listened to most of them, and then picked these out. I know that the sound of what's on the site isn't the same as I have, but it's close. Add the mahogany back, and the combination of the pots., and the cap. I used, and I am VERY happy with the sound!

What sort of bridge is that, very tasty?

It's a Baby Grand

What pickups would you have put in? HHH or SSS or a combo like I did? Which pups would you have gone with?

The reason I picked these is because I went to the S.D. website, listened to most of them, and then picked these out. I know that the sound of what's on the site isn't the same as I have, but it's close. Add the mahogany back, and the combination of the pots., and the cap. I used, and I am VERY happy with the sound!

That's great! I wasn't trying to dis your choice of pickups, I'm just saying I would've picked something else for my style of playing. I'm just not a huge fan of the Invader or SD's single-coil sized mini humbuckers.

Surely you've got more than 1 guitar. Is it called Parmala Handerson?

I currently have four guitars. They are named Marksound's Momma, Idch's Momma, ToneMonkey's Momma, and Yo' Momma!

Har har har...

I currently have four guitars. They are named Marksound's Momma, Idch's Momma, ToneMonkey's Momma, and Yo' Momma!

My* momma is going to be 75 years old this year.

Whatever rocks your boat, I guess. :D

On the other hand, she has been in a pretty good mood lately. :D

(*idch was my old nick)

At the risk of incurring derision, I'll try to be responsive to the originator's post.

How about Blondie, or Baby or Baby G (the latter obviously in reference to that nice bridge).

Although I like and / or am disturbed where this thread was going with references to girl friends or mothers. :D

BTW, nice axe.

notastrat?

Marksound's Momma?

Idch's Momma?

ToneMonkey's Momma?

Yo' Momma?

Blondie, or Baby or Baby G... maybe.

I was thinking along the lines of FLAMECASTER

Crazymanandy.... Thanks dude, I hope people were following! I wanted to do a step by step for all the guys who are thinking of jumping into the fire and making one. Hopefully it will make it easier to pull the trigger and go ahead!

J - First off, great build. Very stunning looking. The problem with seeing everyone's projects is that I don't get to play them, so I'll take your word that she sounds and plays well.

Actually, I name all of my guitars, but mostly so others will know which one I'm talking about..."I used the Jolly Roger on one track and the Purple People Eater on another"...

So I usually name them after a physical characteristic...the Roger has scull and crossbones inlays...you get the point.

So with that in mind, I suggest "Old Yeller"

Have fun with her

Peace...Rog