Finished with latest project.

Jehle

nice work. where can i get a: some wood like that or b: that finish (the poly stuff you were talking about)?

Fantastic. :D

The colour scheme is very tasteful, the body shape is unique, without being clunky, and the whole thing hangs together beautifully. One of the nicest I've seen on here for quite a while. I'm using that same bridge on my current guitar, so I'm also very impressed by how straight you got the ferrules!

Again... fantastic.

Thanks everyone. Hearing all that makes it all worth it.

i like the all black pickup, and the switching idea

Thanks. The bridge is a Dimarzio X2N and the neck is a DiMarzio PAF Pro. I intentionally went for a simple color scheme on the guitar. I admit, I had my doubts about the all black pickups at first. Now, I can't imagine it any other way.

nice work. where can i get a: some wood like that or b: that finish (the poly stuff you were talking about)?

The Nigerian Satinwood veneer was from an ebay auction. The seller was Old World Veneers, and have since disappeared. At least last time I looked. The finish is just Minwax Polyurethane from Home Depot. No stain was used on the wood. The Polyurethane is an oil based product, and is known to have an amber tint to it. To me it looks like a vintage tint. At 2 to 3 bucks a can, it a poor boys vintage. B)

very very nice.....

However, there's one thing I have to get off my chest..... I don't like the shape of the treble side horn... it looks so out of harmony with the rest of the guitar.

----------------

The colour scheme is very tasteful, the body shape is unique, without being clunky, and the whole thing hangs together beautifully. One of the nicest I've seen on here for quite a while. I'm using that same bridge on my current guitar, so I'm also very impressed by how straight you got the ferrules!

----------------

Looks very nice. Is that your custom shape?

The body shape is copied from the Telecaster project, with the addition of the strat like upper horn. I actually traced around 2 or 3 guitars to refine the shape to get it to where I thought it worked. It's a refinement of a shape that I like, so yeah it's a step towards my custom shape.

I can understand the fact that the two horns aren't really all that alike. Even I looked at it a few times and had sencond thoughts. But, in it's defence, it's very comfortable to play. The upper horn lets it hang nicely from the strap, and the lower horn is cut back to a minimum to allow for maximum fret access but allow me to still sit and play with it.

It's also humorous to note that the lower horn is traced from an Ibanez bass guitar! :D

I have a recording project in mind for it next. I'll try to get all the sounds from it that I can. There's about 18 different pickup combinations on it (including off).