Synthetic (fake) Wood

I guess that means you can get scrap pieces of it for free and experiment.

I hope everyone who hasn't built a guitar with it, can just keep quiet about how they think it will sound. But then again, this place is notorious for opinions based on nothing. Yeah, and I know at least one version of the stuff is made from wood chips mixed with plastic grocery bags.

Has anyone made a guitar out of any kind of fake wood? How did it turn out? I was considering making one but I can't find anything on it.

There's an article in the latest New Yorker about Parker and the Parker Fly. A lot of his models are epoxy resin over carbon fiber. There's a little wood in the center of the body, but by in large it's all "synthetic". It weighs half as much as a "normal" electric according to the interview.

Too bad Parker seemed like a jerk in the interview.

A lot of his models are epoxy resin over carbon fiber. There's a little wood in the center of the body, but by in large it's all "synthetic"

I was under the impression that the synthetic part of the Parker was around the thickness of the finish. Pretty much like an exoskeleton around the wood.

• 1 year later...