My New Amp Seems To Be Dying...

Thoughtless 7

I just got a Laney TT50H about 3 weeks ago and all of a sudden its started to hiss and makes buzzing noises. I've tried a different lead and checked all the connections, buts its still doing it. I've tried it in a different room in my house, with different guitars and on al of the channels. The weird thing is, when the volume is on 0 (so no sound from the axe can be heard) its still there. Anyone got any ideas on what it might be? Or will it be easier to just e-mail the company i bought it from?

Cheers

Any other ideas before i bight the bullet and fork out for tubes?

It's either that or the tranny is going.... and that is warranty work and should be covered. A bad ground loop can cause a buzzing too but if you always played it in the same plug in and it is now just starting to buzz... I doubt that's the issue.

But to save face at your dealer.... tell them that you think your tubes are dying..... or else they will laugh at you. :D Then they will run a diagnostic on the amp and let you know what the issue is if they are a reputable establishment. Tubes become microphonic sometimes straight from the factory. When you own a tube amp there is maintenence that will have to be done from time to time.

Try switching the tubes around and see if that helps!

Edited by Vince-o-caster

You thought wrong...I bought a Mesa a while back and returned it the next day.It was a triple rectifier and it only had one sound....bad.

After trying out ALOT of tube amps recently,I came to the opinion that there are many much better,more versatile tube amps than the mesa at better prices.

Mesa craps big buckets of tone all over Laney.

How do you say Peavey in English? Laney.

What is quite possibly the worst thing to come out of Elton John's ass since Bernie Taupin? Laney.

Why does Eddie Van Halen play Peavey? Because it's not a Laney.

I could go on and on cracking my self up...

What do Paris Hilton and Laney have in common? They both suck big balls!

One time, Chuck Norris got bad tone out of a Laney, so he roundhouse kicked it and it became a Marshall JCM Slash.

Why did the chicken cross the road? To get away from the Laney in the trash heap.

I could go on and on cracking my self up...

What an idiot.

I been reading through this site the last couple weeks, I keep coming across your stupid comments. Give it a rest already.

Do you even build guitars? What are you doing here?

well thats ur first post out of the way......good start

well i play alot with a laney bass amp and its heaps nice

good tone and everything not sure if it differs from bass to guitar though

thats ur first post out of the way......good start

sure. But like I said, been reading through the site the last few weeks, lots of great info, but I kept coming across posts from this clown, always picking stupid fights just like this and generally being an ass. And then I figured out that he's never actually built a guitar, he just comes here to dump on people, and no one ever seems to call him on it. it just makes me wonder what this site is about really. so I couldn't help myself. sorry.

thats ur first post out of the way......good start

sure. But like I said, been reading through the site the last few weeks, lots of great info, but I kept coming across posts from this clown, always picking stupid fights just like this and generally being an ass. And then I figured out that he's never actually built a guitar, he just comes here to dump on people, and no one ever seems to call him on it. it just makes me wonder what this site is about really. so I couldn't help myself. sorry.

I tried taking this to PM's for once, but here's the message I got:

This message can not be sent because the recipient has their personal messenger disabled or they are in a member group not allowed to use the personal messenger.

This personal message has not been sent

Soooo...

1. I've never built a guitar from scratch.

2. But I've modded the hell out of a lot of 'em.

3. You've obviously never seen any of my posts in the electronic forum.

4. I'm a contributing member, you are a squatter.

5. I've been here waaay longer than you, and I generally have more people here who like me than don't, so you can take my comments about Laney amps and either take 'em as a joke like I meant them or get all offended and throw a nasty newb fit. It's up to you.

6. Or you can just let it go and so will I.

Oh, one more thing, I noticed that you've never actually viewed my profile to pull up all 2,251 posts I've made since 2004, so I'd say you're really in no position to judge my contribution to this forum.

Edited by crafty