Zebrano Baritone With Wenge Neck

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great job, Ben! When most people come up with their own designs, I usually don't like them, but this one looks nice and looks comfortable to play too. Everything about it looks nice. Have fun playing it! :D

Hows the tuning stability with the trem that high up?

Its not quite so high any more. I took those pics before I propperly set up and intonated it (in fact it still could do with a little tweaking). I havent actually had that much time to play it yet, but I havent noticed any problems with tuning stability so far.

By 'proper' strings, I mean a set of Baritone strings, like those by D'addario, LaBella, etc...smallest guage I see is 12-68's, I've personally got 15-80 for my acoustic baritones, and 14-70 is a common middle of the road solution. If you can't find any locally, or order them online, you can always buy a single bass string and add that to a guitar set.

Cool, I'll look into it. Would an 80 fit through the hole in a standard tuner post? :D

Thanks for the comments

Edited by Ben

Thanks,

Cheers for the link jon, they do seem quite reasonably priced.

is it just me or did this guitar take like a week to build

Hah, I think that if you add up all the days that I was actually at my dad's and able to work on the guitar, it comes to about 3 weeks or something.

But I was only so fast because I chose a relitively simple design that I was sure was within my abilities, with pretty much no fancy adornments like binding etc. And danish oil is about as easy as finishes come.

Edited by Ben