Project Guitar, stolen info on eBay

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what actually turns out to be on this cd?

The most important thing... my MP3 that is the center of my lawsuit.

I have not looked through the entire contents, but from my virus scan and MP3 search of the CD, there's a fret position calculator (ZIP'd) and all of the guitar's MP3's and stuff from fishbake.

I'll have a more complete view of the contents by the end of the day... stay tuned.

• 3 weeks later...

Howdy All,

Well it seems that our old pal BetterBytes has shut down his operation. I would assume that it means that he has shifted to a new name. I hope that I played some small, and satisfying part in that. Does anybody know what his new name might be?

I ask because I am not yet done with him.

Thanks much,

Guitar Ed

I just happened upon this topic....but with the broad scope of the DMCA...you could likely easily fit this guy in....And isn't any violator almost always considered a cyber terrorist....then they're in trouble for being a terrorist and not thief...at least that is how most computer crime cases go...it'd also be a delectable ironic twist

Just a thought :-)

however your lawyers approach is is probably best....but the irony of him being considered a terrorist is WAY to sweet to resist

• 1 month later...

He's baacckkkk....... Our old friend Kench has not learned his lesson. He has changed his screen name to digitrain22.

Did he think we were that stupid, that we would not check up on him? I guess so.

Wrong!

BTW: Did I mention that he is selling guitar building stuff?

Time for more fun

Guitar Ed

The question is not if I am an a$$hole. The question is, am I a good one?

i have a name , address and phone number for someone whos site is maintained by betterbytes, and quite likely is just ol' kench under a different name

26 Tom White RD • Braselton, GA 30517

404-428-7103

go forth and ask :D

i have a name , address and phone number for someone whos site is maintained by betterbytes, and quite likely is just ol' kench under a different name

26 Tom White RD • Braselton, GA 30517

404-428-7103

go forth and ask B)

Probably is.

I've been looking for guitar auctions, and the last one I saw was dated January 6th, the same day that the one I have was postmarked. I didn't think he's selling the guitar CD's anymore because if he does he's looking at fines at over 150 grand, and injunction, and more....

I didn't tell you guys about the anonymous threat letter he sent me. But I also didn't mention anything about a new Walther P99 either. :D

Other user names to look at

ocean9753

technopros

thecbtpros

His address...

Kench Byers

1280 W Peachtree St NW

Apartment 1514

Atlanta, GA

30309-3431

Phone: 4043128683

It's beginning to look like were going to need a valid Ebay Problem section for the forum B)

I've been burned enough by buyers (and Byers) that I'm glad all my auctions are over for the moment. eBay has changed recently. People are extra nit picky and try to negotiate the price after the auction is over. ***? :D

It's a case where a few rotten apples spoil it for everyone else. My website is scaled down and marked with copyrights and trademarks everywhere. I'm adding a whole FAQ and legalese to my future auctions to directly address all the weird stuff that I've had to deal with. I feel like I need to go to law school to keep up with all this. :D

Depends on what it is. If I'm selling something guitar related I know every little detail about it. But a lot of the stuff I'm getting rid of is dusty junk in the attic. I have no clue about some of this stuff. Old books, Christmas tree lights, all sorts of stuff. I describe it the best as I can, have a good photo of it, and to me that's as far as I can go. Apparently, that's not enough for some people.

he threatened you? what did he say?

Basically, he said that I "was about to make the worst mistake of [my] life... stop... It's in your hands, for now."

In return I have a nice hand writing sample that matches the writing on the CD, a postmark that's from the same postoffice as the CD he mailed, DNA evidence, and some nice fiber samples under the stamp. Thanks! The police loved all of that. :D

What really amazes me is that he thought sending the letter was a good idea. I can only conclude that he is a career thief and a sociopath.

My last thoughts on the issue because I honestly don't care anymore, Gal 6:7. B)

Well... Very interesting topic... of course the a$$ hasn't learned...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...&category=38100

And to think I almost bought this a few months ago... I was actually checking the other places on the site and would have immediately noticed the rip off... and Atlanta is only 8 hours away...

Hi Jehle,

ebay wont do anything about this guy, cause they are making money off what he sells.you might be able to sue ebay for helping him sell copyright material and if you have warned them about the situaion then they are just as much responsible

as the that guy. Chances are his profit is long gone so you probably wont get anything but he could get jail time or something like that.

It would be a thought to use a login mask for member and if you are not registered than you cant see any part of the site( I found this site because google showed 1 of the threads as a search result) there for noone like that could steal the hard work of the members in the forum and if it happened again then you would know that it came from within our owm ranks.

I hope you get this guy and I also hope that Brian reads this or Wes and thinks about that login mask thing to help prevent any further abuse of the site