Black Evil Metal \m/ \m/

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

I know you're going to pull something awesome off, but I don't prefer the body shape, so far. Your finished products are so sick, though, that my mind might well be changed as it progresses.

I know you're going to pull something awesome off, but I don't prefer the body shape, so far. Your finished products are so sick, though, that my mind might well be changed as it progresses.

Plain old black for this baby, although i managed to get the ok on doing the neck in clear.

Bevels cut, controls and pickups routed. No camera at work though :D

Plain old black for this baby, although i managed to get the ok on doing the neck in clear.

Bevels cut, controls and pickups routed. No camera at work though :D

Plain ol' black he says, yeah I don't think you do much that looks plain my friend :D

And Greg I wouldn't worry, even if the finish doesn't change your mind, when he tightens the final string and suddenly Satan materializes, I think you'll be impressed.

Edited by jmrentis

I'd love to see that finished in a nice pastel pink, with Hello Kitty decals all over it. Not that I tend that way myself, but I can't help but feel you can only be so metal before you're beginning to seriously overcompensate for something. :D

Seriously though, that's shaping up to be something pretty special. That inlay work is amazing.

Edited by G-Axe

Perry, I didn't mean that you'd necessarily do some fancy staining or custom paint (like the WOMD); just that you'd choose or approve (if it's the customer's decision) the right finish for the job and pull it off the way it deserves. Solid black seems like a good choice, whoever's decision that was.

Spoke to the client, as usual before it goes to paint. Definately going with black body and head, and clear on the neck shaft. I wanna do blood drips damnit :D

Bevels. This is a rough carve, to get the clients approval (rather than go too deep and then regret it!). Will clean it up when i start the final sand, which will be next week.

IMG_2831a.jpg