Sakura Svelte Custom

just an idea- but how about going around the outline of that headstock inlay with a painted line, or even a marker pen or something, to make the black border a consistant and uniform width to make it look intentional?

---

That colours a little brighter than what I would go for, but it still looks nice, and the overall guitar looks great. You pulled off that carving well... I wasnt sure what you were describing at first as regards the carving, but it definitely worked!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i would do another logo but this time i would inlay it into a scrap of rosewood or ebony - cut that into a simple shape like a circle and inlay the whole thing. Circles are good because if you do your inlay the right size the whole thing can be inlayed with the help of a forstner drill bit!!!

putting your logo on the dark background will really make it stand out!!

whoever she is might not complain and might be very happy with the guitar but whoever she shows might not be so impressed - they are your potential future customers

ahhhh much better. used a marker around the logo. and i like the burst a lot better now, not toomuch yellow like there was before. it looks much more balanced somehow

th_16082007065.jpgth_16082007063.jpg

Cool! it worked. And that burst looks much nicer now. The sort of S shape that the red makes compliments the carving better.

• 2 weeks later...

stained the front and back of the body today. given them a little sealer coat then will spray the red burst tomorrow. i know the red as it is now looks a bit crap at the edges of it, but it disappears under the transparent red (i tried it on scrap earlier). when i spray the transparent tomorrow i'll take it in further than the red stain is too, then the edges will be (hopefully) darker. i shall see

th_25082007087-001.jpg

th_25082007086-001.jpg

The burst on the headstock is supa-sweet. The burst on the body doesn't look right, unless it's just the photos. I hope it turns out the way your scrap was hinting that it would turn out. It looks like a band of red around the edges rather than a "burst". Not quite enough fade going toward the middle and/or (I dunno which--could be either or both--and I'm not expert enough to say) not dark enough at the edge.

yeah im gonna do that with the spray. on the bottom one anyway, the top ones too close to the edges to be able to do that, but its ok

EDIT: sprayed the transparent red. it looks more gradual in real life than it does in these pics. im quite pleased with it for a first try.

th_26082007095.jpgth_26082007093.jpg

th_26082007092.jpgth_26082007090.jpg

thanks guys. if nothing else i do think im improving, which is good, but theres still lots i can improve more on - tho im sure everyone feels that way about their own work. but then thats a good thing, cos no one else is gonna push you to do great things more than yourself