Schecter C-7 Fr

cr_XD

hi, i'm about to purchase my first 7 string just to get in touch and see if i like it.

this i think is the best priced for the specs. The mahogany body really appeals me.

Has anybody tried it??

what do you think are the best alternatives. i have searched the forum, so more or less i have already looked at the ibanez and carvin alternatives. But more than a list i would like to know particular things that make them better or worse.

One thing i'm really concerned about this guitar is the neck width and comfort.

Thanks. ;P

I once bought a shcecter 7 string....not the c 7,but that other one they have,and I absolutely hated it....totally dead tonally,the toggle switch was wired upside down(minor,I know,but I just don't see how that slipped through)the neck had an uncomfortable shape for me,and it balanced wrong...

I think I would try the ibanez first...

ok, i've come down with two options.

ibanez s7320 - 699 $

schecter c7 fr - 499$

i guess the question is, having both nearly the same specs, are the 200$ extra of the ibanez worth it.

Thanks everybody for their opinions. Not many like schecters round here. one thing different about both guitars is the scale, 25,5 ibanez, 26,5- i've never had neither a baritone nor a 7 string. But i'm after that deep bass sounds, will it make that big different?? on the other hand, if the schecter neck is not that nice, the longest scale will make it even more dificult for my fat little fingers to get there.

mmmmm, if i had the cash i would just buy both and trash one XD!!!

I'd check out the Schecter 007 elite as well, that's one guitar I am attempting to copy for a friend. Don't buy any low end Ibanez 7-strings. I've played them all and they're all crap. I do repairs on a friends Ibanez 7-string twice a month, but the guitar cost around $350-400 which is a little less than the one you're looking at. I'd just advise looking over them carefully before buying, you don't want to take home a guitar that is going to have a new problem every week. Personally I like the feel of the Schecter necks, they fit my hands better since I'm used to bigger basses. My friend also likes the feel of them because he has freakishly long fingers! Regardless, test them all out. It's hard to say which you'd prefer.

The longer scale will pull the strings tighter so they wont be as floppy. I can't say what kind of affect this has on the tone, but I always read that is gives the tone more life. This is definitely true for basses, no one likes a floppy bass string.

I'd check out the Schecter 007 elite as well, that's one guitar I am attempting to copy for a friend.

But that is fixed bridge, and i'd rather have a floyd

Don't buy any low end Ibanez 7-strings. I've played them all and they're all crap. I do repairs on a friends Ibanez 7-string twice a month, but the guitar cost around $350-400 which is a little less than the one you're looking at.

What kind of repairs, electronics?, or you mean that the frets will go out, the machine-heads will break.

I've heard good things about the zero resistance bridge the ibanez has.

thanx,

jesus.

He had a fixed bridge then had a local repair guy switch it out for a $40 7-string tremolo. The repairs are always electronic related. Crappy pots, crappy wiring, crappy jack, crappy grounding. I'm no electronics expert, but I'm usually able to figure these problems out pretty quickly. And when I repair one, 2-4 weeks later we've got a new problem. If anything else goes wrong at this point I'm going to have him buy completely new electronics (discluding jack) so there will be less issues. I have already replaced a pot, half the wiring, and the jack at this point.

The pickups are also pretty bad, but there may be some kind of short on the bridge pickup. We can't seem to get the hum out of that one.

Do you have a local store that you can go and play them? A lot of people will say they don't like this brand or the other but in the end, it's your ears and your hands that are going to tell you what is good for you.

I have a friend that swears on his C7.

that is a problem, they are not really usual round the stores i usually visit.

thanks everybody