Rebuilding

ngaa

You can get smaller pots, if it's just the backside of the pot that's an issue. I use 16MM in most of pedal builds, and I just got some Alpha brand pots that are 12MM so I can cram a Big Muff in a real small space. Either one of those could probably fit in the back with no problem. Use a smaller knob (tele style instead of a speed knob, for instance) to clear the trem on the outside of the guitar if necessary, and you should be all set. You may need to plug and re-drill that hole, (as those pots use a slightly smaller size hole) but it would be hidden entirely by the knob.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Is it just me, or does that trem cavity seem like it goes reeeally far back away from the end of the locking allen screws?

What was the decision to go with EMG Select pickups?

I don't have much money, and my other real EMG's are single coil; which I will probably use sometime on another guitar. Perhaps if I do a JEM with H/S/H.

Could always swap out to real emg's at a later date anyway.

• 2 weeks later...
Do you only us a rasp when shaping your necks? (just gathering different peoples opinions/ways of doing things for my build)

What I do is use rasps at the headstock end and the heel end, when those parts are at the required shape you join the two pieces with a spokeshave/drawknife/etc.

Do you only us a rasp when shaping your necks? (just gathering different peoples opinions/ways of doing things for my build)

What I do is use rasps at the headstock end and the heel end, when those parts are at the required shape you join the two pieces with a spokeshave/drawknife/etc.

Ok, that's probably what I'm going to do.

• 1 month later...