My Pedal Board

carlosnelson

Right now I use a bunce of Boss Pedals through a Fender Automatic Se amp which doesn't seem to be pedal friendly sometime & I am now thinking of getting a Line 6 Spider Series amp. I have these pedals & are connected in this order:

Compression Sustainer CS-3

Digital Delay DD-6

Flanger BF-3

Metal Zone MT-2

Distortion DS-1

Super Octave OC-3

Blues Driver BD-2

Mega Distortion MD-2

Super Chorus CH-1

Dynamic Wah AW-3

Overdrive Distortion OS-2

Dunlop Crybay then to my guitar. Can I eliminate any of these pedals from my board, seems that I have too many distortion pedals & don't know which one 2 get rid of. HELP :D

Your pedal chain is a mess. Every Boss pedal that I've owned, & most other brands too, have incleded a diagram of where they should go in the signal chain, you should really read them. Also look here: http://www.harmony-central.com/articles/ti..._effects_guide/

Thank U so much! Definitly will help :D

O.K. after reading above link I totally re-did my board in this order:

Compression Sustainer CS-3

Overdrive Distortion OS-2

Blues Driver BD-2

Mega Distortion MD-2

Distortion DS-1

Metal Zone MT-2

Dunlop Crybaby

Super Chorus CH-1

Flanger BF-3

Dynamic Wah AW-3

Super Octave OC-3

Digital Delay DD-6

Edited by carlosnelson

Looks better already. :D

Yes, much better. I'll add that I greatly prefer to have my wah first in the signal chain. Try it out and see if you like it. These rules aren't written in stone, so do what sounds best for you. Many people seem to like having the wah before distortion, though.

yeah I agree, move the wah around. I prefer it in front of any overdrive.

I'd also consider moving the dynamic wah right to the front. Envelope filters & auto wah's use the input dynamics as a trigger. Compressor's squish & boost the input signal to keep levels similar & distortions mess with the signal so you won't get a very reliable or controllable signal into the d-wah, same thing applies to pitch shifters such as the super octave.

My thoughts:

1. With all thoose pedals why get a line 6 amp. Get a good small combo and use it as the base tone. If you can get one with a loop so you can put delays and such in there.

2. Experiment, you don't loose anything but time. I like having effects between my overdrives so that I can use them like effects loops. IE. With my Valve Jr's or Mesa's clean chanel. If I use my tube screamer as my base distortion I'll put other stuff in front of it and a boost or distortion in slot one so I can mess with distorting the later effects. That being said I am always moving adding taking away stuff for fun, it challanges me as a player if my board is not the same.

3. Look at your cables. George L's really helped clean up my monster of a pedal board. (at it's biggest 24x48)

4. Build Your Own Clone... nuff said

Edited by syxxstring