Schaller Or Sperzel

cr_XD

Which do you think is better, both six in line, for a strat, locking tuners.

Tha schaller are the original replacement for a strat. The sperzel look uglier for me but cost 10 dollar less. It's my first locking so i expected to know from you which mechanics are best. Thanks

We use Grover locking tuners - nothing to lock or unlock, just put the string through and turn.

I'm partial to sperzels myself, but as wes said they both will do what you want them to do just fine. I really like the satin colors that sperzel has. For the project I'm doing now, I think I might go chrome and buy some of the faux pearl #2 buttons to see how that would look as well. Like I said I'm just a fan of sperzels both looks and function. Either way you go sperzels or schaller, you'll be happy.

PS: That site you posted Rick is a great site. When I bought my first pair maybe close to two years ago, I knew I needed to make some mods and that site gave me all the exact details on how to install them. Very helpful and as Rick said they have options you won't find anywhere else. However, I just noticed yesterday as I was planning out which sperzels I wanted from that site (strangely enough)that there was a new link when I googled sperzels and it was sperzels own .com site. I have a feeling that we will soon get a direct line to sperzel which will probably allow us even more options and have direct contact with the company instead of having the middle man. I guess they finally are catching up on business and have time to work on a site. So, if anyone notices it when it opens mention it here, so everyone can access it. J

sperzel.com

i´ll go sperzels, i went party yesterday and overslept to win the auction i was watching on ebay for the schaller, so now there are only sperzels. thanks to let me know they are good, i had no input on a comparison between both besides what i had read searching comparing them with others.

I´ll let you know when i get them.

bye and thanks

• 9 months later...

I just wanted to post that the site I mentioned above is now up and running. Sperzel.com

I don't think its finished or anything because it doesn't even have any listings of where to buy them, other than local music stores, but I'm sure in time there will be more to it. So far they have some pics and bit of info on the products, plus now you can contact them directly through email. I just checked today and found it up finally.

Can't believe I found this thread, took like 2 minutes with the search. J

Even later, but I'll have to say....Gotoh.

Schaller's quality isn't quite what it was 10 years ago, I feel. Sperzel's a nice lightweight, quality tuner, but for 'traditional' looks, the nicest locking tuner is the Gotoh 510 magnum lock. Have a number of sets in XN finish, and they're simply gorgeous (with black schaller-style mini buttons). Not cheap, but very nice.