8-string Replacement Build

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

HAHA HEY Im not dead!! just moved in to a new place by the lake and just got online again a while ago. ok so so close but so far :D im working two jobs now and finding time for guitars is rough but Im still doing what I can when I can. Ive done alot to the body and ive started the AANJ ive done a TON of sanding, all thats left is drilling a hold fo the Jack and than a string nut and mounting the neck than OIL FINISH

one booo booo I made on this build that I just came to see was that Ive mounted my jig just off the center line so every thing is just a bit off to one side to the black walnut center if there was no walnut it would be fine :D oh well my erorr my guitar

Edited by !!METAL MATT!!

I headin to the wood shop today!! Ive found a crack thats forming in the black walnut Im hopeing to see what I can do and start oiling the body as soon as I can

• 2 months later...

Wel not much done but ive started the AANJ heel and Ive mounted the neck and drilled for the String thru Ferrules ive done alot of sanding to the body to get it ready for a finish

Sorry for the bad pics I only had my cell phone

010.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d177/deadmanguitar/012.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d177/deadmanguitar/011.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d177/deadmanguitar/009.jpg

well just need to drill for the Jack, im not sure what I want to do for that. I also need to do a bit more work to the Body as far as sanding and the neck needs a nut and some sanding and all that fun stuff

its just about done

Edited by !!METAL MATT!!

• 3 weeks later...

And Its done!! I dont have a PC right now mine died but I'll try to get some pics for ya

I need to wire it up and touch up the frets but other than that DONE

I went with a nice flat tung oil finish it came out just great and looks very clean, I really love the flat fretboard its just a dream to play. Its kinda odd geting use to that wide of a neck

Pics soon

Edited by !!METAL MATT!!

YA YA I know!! trust me man I know I have A shot at GOTM :D This thing looks soooooo good, Plays great, feels soooo nice I cant wait to plug her in

Im heading up to my shop thrusday I'll try to get some good pics

:D dear lord I think I've fallen into a parallel universe where Matt has nearly finnished something!!! DUN DUN DAHHHH!!!

:D sorry for that couldn't help myself ;)

B) ooo actually this may be a parallel universe I now have a beard since last time I was active on these boards *creeps himself out*

That Purpleheart-8string-superstrat looks amazing. The shape is just spot on, it looks metal but in a subtle way.

Looking forward to some sound clips, bet it sounds better than it looks (ment in a good way!) B) I think I'll leave it there before you come and crush me.

ooo actually this may be a parallel universe I now have a beard since last time I was active on these boards *creeps himself out*

Butbutbut.... your avatar is so babyfaced :D I can't picture it with a full-on beard!

Funny that; I just decided to trim the goatee and grow one out myself. I tell people I put in the conscious effort to do it, but it's really just a way to explain away my week+ of being too lazy to shave.

Somehow Matt is posting to the board without a PC too.

This night is just getting weirder and weirder....

Butbutbut.... your avatar is so babyfaced B) I can't picture it with a full-on beard!

B) Avatar updated!

Somehow Matt is posting to the board without a PC too.

:D maybe he's built himself a Wi-Fi guitar and is playing his messages directly into the internet!

I hope he's got a 1/4" jack in case anything goes wrong with the receiver or the transmitter :D