why can't 5 string D form sweeps

krazyderek

so... 5 string D form sweeps weather it's minor or major only have 11 notes, unless u tap the high root note once at the begining and once at the end to get a 13 note sweep/scale like the A form 5 string sweep, but is that the only way to get the # of notes to add up ??? i'm trying to write something in powertab that mixes D form and A form... but it's a nightmare.... and trying to make my finger fly over to the right fret for a tap at ackward times is annoying...

:D

what is the time sig for the track, also your bpm. i have found that if i play an arpeggio sweep, it seems to fit better as a triplet (16th note) run in the measure. however, if the time sig is like 4/7, or and odd time, then you would have to compansate by playing eighths, but it would sound un finished. i play allot of wacky timed stuff, so when it comes to a tough solo to work out, i revert back to triplets, and modify it a little to not sound dissedent or off tempo.

120 bpm, 16th notes, no idea on timing hence i'm as horny as a teenager and as lazy as a 70 yr old man, here's what i was able to come up with, i duno, the taps are kinda cool now that i've gotten used to them, but i'd still like to know some more options if there are some

the tap is in the 3 bar, or section, or whatever, 22nd fret.... then later on

the tab

your time signature for the piece is 4/6 i think, because you have 6 beats per measure. if i was going to put a tap on the 22nd fret, i would have it in between the triplets. so instead of 16ths like the rest of the track, i would have one 32nd where the tap would be.

count it out in you head. 1-2-3-4-5-6, 1-2-3-44-5-6, 1-2-3-4-5-6, 1-2-3-44-5-6. it will sound almost like an extra note on the measure, but it's the only way i can play it to not sound like sonic mush. that is a fast passage to play, at least well at this late at night.

what are you talking about? 4/6 timing is very very common. the second number in a time sig is how many beats per measure there are in the piece. so why i ask you could there not be a such thing as 4/6, or any other time with 4 bars per?

pick up a Dream Theater trans book, and you will see a miriad of 4/** time sigs.

what are you talking about?  4/6 timing is very very common. the second number in a time sig is how many beats per measure there are in the piece.  so why i ask you could there not be a such thing as 4/6, or any other time with 4 bars per? 

pick up a Dream Theater trans book, and you will see a miriad of 4/** time sigs.

It's the first number that determines the number of beats in a measure... the same as in fractions (hence the term "numerator," to indicate the number of parts of the whole.) You should check your DT book again. I'm sure there are plenty of 4/* but the restriction is 4/{1,2,4,8,16,32,...}