Pod As A Into A Cab?

WAK Guitars

I have a Line 6 Pod version 2.0, it's great i've had it for 6 years ish. Anyway, it's great through headphones and direct and I use it alot. However, whenever I play it through my Peavey Delta Blues tube amp, the sound isn't the same.

Its almost too boomy or something. I think its getting changed by the amp. Even when the amp has no reverb and clean with no overdrive, I still get this. I tried the pod through the effects loop but that just made things worse.

So I have a couple questions:

1. Is it because my amp is tube? Is a Pod better through solid state?

2. Could I just run my Pod straight into a Cab? Would that make things better?

Thanks

EDIT: Just realized the title makes no sense. Sorry!

Edited by WAK Guitars

Guitar amps typically have a speaker that is designed specifically for guitar - if you have a cab model enabled on the pod there may be too much level for certain frequencies causing the boomy sound. Ideally it should work well with the cab model disabled and allow the guitar amp to color the sound with it's amp/speaker.

Disclaimer: I'm an idiot. I may have no idea what I'm talking about. So don't take my word for it, but this is what I think is going on here.

This has to do with the high impedence vs. low impedence stuff. An electric guitar has high-impedence output, and guitar amps are equipped with high-impedence inputs. When the Pod sends output, I'm pretty sure it exports low-impedence, for ease of use with mixing boards and stuff. Then when you plug it into the guitar amp, it expects high-impedence, but gets low instead, sucking the tone.

+1 to the disabling cab emulation. I don't know enough about impedance as it pertains to this particular situation, but if you can run fx (low-z..) into an amp, you should be able to run a Pod. It's just an effects unit, after all. Which brings us back to the cabinet emulator, which is probably the problem. If the 2.0 is at all like the XT, you can not only disable the cab, but in "no cab" mode, you'll have to turn down a wet/dry control for the "room" noise. Try to get rid of all emulated rooms/cabs.

First of all every POD is designed to work direct, with headphones, going into an amp, or in the amps effect loop.

If your running it through an amp turn off all cab modeling. But don't stop there. You will most likely have to change your stored sounds a bit to account for the radically different environment it's now running through.

I have completely different patches on my pocket pod for my headphones, computer speakers, and tube amp.