Ugliest Guitars Ever Made......your Entries Please!

I guess it doesn't always make a guitar look ugly, but something that bugs me quite a lot , are double cutaway bodies, where the bass side cutaway is deeper than the treble side cutaway. Maybe there's a functional reason for it that's totally over my head. But I just think it's more functional to have the treble side cutaway deeper than the bass side. So, I guess there's a "functional uglyness" that stands out when you look at some guitars, and that would be the case for me with this cutaway thing.

I think that the worst guitar/bass ever made was that "Goliath" bass that idiot touted on Youtube. Awful.

Was that the one with 13 strings? Cause that was a pretty bad one too IMO.

I don't even consider that to be an instrument. I haven't watched any of his vids lately, but I guarantee that it doesn't even have a pickup. He probably just made som sort of cover and put some wires to it so it would look like a pickup. I know, instruments doesn't have to have pickups, but if you take a look on how it's built, you'll get my point. It's just an ugly cuttingboard with strings.

Edited by Bygde

If you are finished with your flame sheild could I borrow it?

Okay now I'm safely out of harms way I'll tell you what guitar i find truely offensive to the eye *big breath*

PRS guitars specifically the carved "swimming pool tops" in a wide variety of blue models! And others of their ilk

Nothing against PRS I have a santana SE which i love and is only really beaten in the looks department by a lespaul junior double cut or a telecaster I am definately about the stripped down rock and roll guitar. I can always wear my mums jewellery if a i want something a bit sparkly on stage.

Yes there are things I'd change on a telecaster but purely cosmetically the clean lines and the beauty of the economic design push my buttons!

But for truely hideous guitars no one has mentioned the artist formally known as squiggle and his hideous harem of axes.

+1 on Ace Frehley - you can't love guitars and not love the Spaceman!

However......that doesn't excuse the atrocity in the middle of this page!

....shakes head in disbelief....

DJ

There is a pawn shop close to my house that has one of these hanging beside and Iceman. They want $500 a piece. I figure I can build one out of better plywood anytime :D

However......that doesn't excuse the atrocity in the middle of this page!

You mean Ace behind the wheel of a motor vehicle ? Yeah, that doesn't always end well.

HAHAHA! I nearly fell off my frickin' chair laughing at that! :D

You ever see that classic video of KISS on the Tom Synder show in 1979? Oh man, Ace is wasted but he's so funny!

Or, to quote Ace himself "Ack!"

[This is my topic and I'll hijack it as much as I want!]

DJ

Don't think I ever saw that, but sounds good.

A friend in the 4th grade forced me to like Kiss.

So, the next time one of those things came in the mail : 'get a bunch of records for 1 penny', I picked some Kiss records and some Steve Miller records (LOL !)

Would listen to 'Detroit Rock City' over and over.

Never paid any attention to the record offer contract which said I was supposed to pay full price for more records. I was just a kid, screw them !

My brother (14 years older than me) didn't like me being a Kiss fan. I still remember his 8 track Elton John cassette always laying on his desk.