Wood Burning Concepts

E-Dog

Hey everyone I ve been for the last year investigating wood burning as a alternate finishing for drum kits. The other day someone mentioned doing guitar body's which I have thought about but never have desided on doing it untill today. Anyway I thought I would start here and ask you guys in guitarland about what you think about these techniuqes as applie to guitars.

My drum works can be see here at Relic Shells . So if you have time I was wondering if you all think it would be coo to start doing guitar body's in some of these similar ways. Although I could do about any type of imagery this is just some that is recent. Thanks hope to gain some good percpectives here.

Peace

This image was done on curly maple for a cd cover recenlty

tree1.jpg

man thats some seriouslly impressive stuff. i checked out ursite and had a look at the drum body that u got on there, the one where you used to grain of the wood to dothe fish. its bloody well done. i reckon that thisd look pretty sweet on guitars

That is a really coo guitar but I think what iam trying to do is do more art that deviates from the typical happy tree;s and grandma;s kitty cats that seem to be associated with wood burning.

Right now I don't have a real plan in place but I would charge just based on the amount of time but not strictly. I would just try and figure out with the customer how much detail is required and just estimate and work with the person on seomthing reasonable.

How much damage does the burning do to the wood? I was thinking you could do fretboards. Make or buy maple fretboards and do designs on them and sell them to people building. I assume that you would be able to make a design quicker and w/o material costs, compared to traditional inlay (so that they would be more affordable). You could do designs on spec as samples and also take orders. Might have to stock a variety of radii for the boards.

Anyway, very nice work.

I dont know who the main moderator's are here but I just wanted to say we are putting up a link to this site at www.ghostnote.net. This place I think is similar in what we want to do for the drum world online.

Brothers in music

Awsome place. .!

Ooh! Cool!

-- frustrated drummer turned guitarist.