Rhoades V

Howdy doody good builders, I put foward to you a design and colour scheme, most important of all, DO YOU LIKE THE HEADSTOCK?

http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm220/a...stomscheme1.jpg

I absolutly love it, but some of my friends thinks it looks iffy. But they're wrong, yes?

Also if you want to design a pointy (Jackson) guitar and colour it, check out this link: http://www.jcfonline.com/resources/csgen/JCFCustomShop.htm.

Happy designing!

As the builder and owner of my very own Kinda-Rhodes-Shaped V, I say go for it. I love the look of the 3x3 headstock, too! I'm not sure how I feel about the painted bevels. The bevels on my Explorer gave me a ton of headaches, and I don't think I'd repeat that again. But if you think it looks good, go for it. What woods are you looking at? Might you be able to get a good looking natural color?

As the builder and owner of my very own Kinda-Rhodes-Shaped V, I say go for it. I love the look of the 3x3 headstock, too! I'm not sure how I feel about the painted bevels. The bevels on my Explorer gave me a ton of headaches, and I don't think I'd repeat that again. But if you think it looks good, go for it. What woods are you looking at? Might you be able to get a good looking natural color?

I'm glad you like the headstock, I've never done bevels before, is it the painting or the actual shaping of the bevels that is a headache? Because I'm not an acomplished luthier :D .

It's a maple thru neck with alder wings, it might make a nice natural - or even dyed finish I agree.

With the pointy headstock, the 3+3 works. I agree with everyone else that it looks nice. Of course, you'll want to add some knobs & switches to it....

Knobs and switchs? What do they do? lol I forgot to put them in the design website , It's going to be a single voloume and a 3-way toggle switch. Gold, of course.

Wow I'm definately going to go ahead with this one, looks like I've "Struck a chord" with this design..... Please exuse the pun. But thanx for the confidence boosters, guys.

The carving of the bevels is more of a pain than the painting, because you can't stick the wood back on when you mess up :D You can adjust the curve of the tape before you spray, much easier. I did a mini-tutorial on carving the bevels on my V build. Check it for reference.

The carving of the bevels is more of a pain than the painting, because you can't stick the wood back on when you mess up :D You can adjust the curve of the tape before you spray, much easier. I did a mini-tutorial on carving the bevels on my V build. Check it for reference.

Thanks man, your thread has help me heaps planning everything out.