6-string Build, New Design

RAZARguitars031.jpg

http://i359.photobucket.com/albums/oo34/RA...Rguitars035.jpg

http://i359.photobucket.com/albums/oo34/RA...Rguitars033.jpg

Maple Neck, Hard Tail string thru bridge, EMG select

Edited by !!METAL MATT!!

Very nice design, Matt!

But why EMG select ?

Thanks, the reason im going with the emgs is because i just got my hands on a ton of them brand new in the box for dirt cheep, and I want to see how they work and sound, they seem to be a good looking pickup Im hopeing there a good mid range quailty pickup

p.s ive also started the neck and I have every thing I need, Im going with a Paduk fret board with a 27.5" scale

Edited by !!METAL MATT!!

Those look like "Jon" fretboards. I have several boards that came from Jon...they look very similar. Are you interested in swapping any of those pups for inlaid boards?

yep!! there boards i orderd from jon befor i got my stew mac saw there great boards I would order more but I cant seem to get a hold of him :D

and send me a pm and we can work something out I would love a look at these inlaid boards B)

wow matt, I'm just about to start a build VERY similar to yours.

6 string baritone, 27" scale.. And this shape.

ha look at that :D , nice looking design its more of a strat than mine but still cool. is that your design?

Those look like "Jon" fretboards. I have several boards that came from Jon...they look very similar. Are you interested in swapping any of those pups for inlaid boards?

yep!! there boards i orderd from jon befor i got my stew mac saw there great boards I would order more but I cant seem to get a hold of him :D

and send me a pm and we can work something out I would love a look at these inlaid boards B)

wow matt, I'm just about to start a build VERY similar to yours.

6 string baritone, 27" scale.. And this shape.

ha look at that :D , nice looking design its more of a strat than mine but still cool. is that your design?

no, thats an agile design. the intrepid i believe.

It is an Agile intrepid im 100% positive on that because I helped him make a template yesterday! lol

is he still doing that run of 8 string customs? Im looking forward to seeing a few of them :D

sorry, and what it "Jon" freatboard?

Hes a member of this forum, A good guy that was doing some custom sloting of fretboards

It is an Agile intrepid im 100% positive on that because I helped him make a template yesterday! lol

is he still doing that run of 8 string customs? Im looking forward to seeing a few of them :D

sorry, and what it "Jon" freatboard?

Hes a member of this forum, A good guy that was doing some custom sloting of fretboards

I'm almost done my 8 string.. Just have to rout a little bit more on the neck pocket, and drill some holes to get the neck on there.

Then I can dress the frets and it's done.

• 4 weeks later...

Ok On to the next one!! Ive started work on this one today, I did have one problem so far! the truss rod rout tore out a bit and I had to clean it up and because of this the nut acess rout is over sized. not really a problem but not what I wanted, Oh well

Pics soon

I actually had the same exact problem a little while back. One way to help hide this a bit, is add a cap to the headstock and cut only a small opening for truss adjustment. Its pretty easy especially since the top of the headstock is flat. I also had painted the area black before capping it. Painting was a new idea, capping was the original plan. Worked out alright, still I will be using a truss rod cover, but now you can't really tell there was ever a mistake or tear out there. Anyhow, just an idea, though I'm sure there are many better ones. Best of luck Matt and look forward to seeing this new project. Jason

Its really not bad at all, BUT I am thinking about cuting off the spike and 25th fret and doing a neck pickup

I could add a deeper bevel maybe but the horn is thin as it is and I can reach all the frets just fine, But ill play around with it a bit more.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok so Ive got the belly cut done and the Bevels on either side of the neck are done, Ive also router the pickup, Pics soon