Concurrent Rga7 Replacement Body Builds

haven't updated this in a while, the blue RGA7 is coming along nicely. i refinished it since the last photo, because waterbased finish is just junk. theres 1 run in this one right now, it'll be flat sanded tomorrow, so its not a big deal really. there is also one spec of dirt in the finish, underneath the run, that'll also be flat sanded tomorrow, just a bit of hair.

DSCF5239.JPG

the dust all over it isn't in the finish :D its just cause its been hanging in the shop to cure and i didn't blow it off before i snapped the pics

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is that the same PPG system you're using on the V? Looks like a pretty thick build (not that that's a bad thing). How many coats?

• 3 weeks later...

I like that mahogany one man!! that one looks like something I would like to own. its just my style, Good Work man

I'd tighten down the fluid setting on your gun, or keep it moving faster - it looks like your coats are going on rather heavy, and you're getting a bit of sag and gloopyness. Far better to build half the amount, and spray another coat, than to get it all in one and have to knock it back later.

It'll look fine after buffing and levelling (as shown by the blue burst), but you'll save yourself a lot of time and effort if you lay the coats down smoother from the get go.

• 2 weeks later...

DSCF5350.JPG

DSCF5351.JPG

the natural one is the one from earlier in this thread that was vintage violin, when i decided i was going to go back to nitrocellulose lacquer, the customer and i decided that the grain was too nice to put color over, and went for a natural finish... the color in the pickup routes is leftover from the old finish, but will be resolved before this is done. the purple one is getting mated to an RG2077XL neck with all chrome hardware and BKP's.

• 3 months later...