does any body know how to...

Guest Litchfield Custom Gutars

Nope. Th bearing fits perfectly inside a pot hole, and in a switch hole, just move in a circle, and viola~!

Model Description Our Price

Amana Amana - Cove bit with ball bearing guide, 2 flute. 1/4' radius, 7/8' large diameter, 9/16' carbide height. 1/4' shank, 2' overall. $24.09

Amana Amana - Cove bit with ball bearing guide, 2 flute. 3/8' radius, 1-1/8' large diameter, 9/16' carbide height. 1/4' shank, 2' overall. $24.09

Amana Amana - Cove bit with ball bearing guide, 2 flute. 1/2' radius, 1-3/8' large diameter, 3/4' carbide height. 1/4' shank, 2-1/4' overall. $26.99

My prices....i think thats my best deal.

well its really easy! i do it on all my guitar tops,there on the guitar im entering this month also, you take a forsner bit wich is the flat kind, i use 1 1/8" for the knobs and i use 3/4" for the switch, then i just use the dremel with a diamond bit to taper the eges a little on the knobs and to cut out the indentations for the switch. they look great! then of coarse you touch em up with sanding. also when doing this if you have your control cavity already cut to depth you can drill the forsner to the depth needed for the pot shafts then go from there so this way your knobs look good and sunken in after your finished carving!

i kinda do it the same way as litchfield, only i use a round nose (core box) bit, and a cicrle templated i made out of a piece of ply wood and a hole i drilled with a forsner bit, then i can put the template anywhere and just slip the router in and the bearing on the shank of the round nose bit follows the cirlce, routing is the easiest way i think, and requires less sanding at the end