nicest wah pedal?

Snork

the bad horsie is more dramatic than a standard wah. it has more frequency responce than a crybaby. the bad horsie 2 is cool because you can dick with the freq a little, kind of change the contour of the curve.

i have a BH and i like it a whole lot, but like i said it's a different feel. you can get a super lush high freq solo tone just by holding it all the way on, kind of satch like. if you want the run of the mill wah sound, then get a crybaby, or a jimi hendrix sig crybaby.

i also have a jimi hendrix sig crybaby, it's cool, but too blah wah, if you know what i mean. you will probably like it, because you like blues and jazz and HATE shredders tone, "it has no feel" as you say. i like the more dramatic curve of the BH, the BH2 is cool, but not adjustable enough to sound much different than the BH1, so i never got one.

digitech makes a digital wah with about 30 different wah sounds. you may look at that, covers allot of ground, especially for a first time wah-er. you could find your signiture tone easier with the digitech.

I have the Crybaby 535Q and I like its versatility. You can choose the center of the wahs range and adjust the selectivity (Q) and gain boost. I use less Q for a more subtle wah with clean sound, and a much higher Q which is needed for the wah to be heard at higher levels of distortion. Of course, this is all assuming that you place your wah before your distortion, which is really the only way to go IMHO.

i've played on my friend's 535Q and it is at my house right now. I was borrowing it because I was considering buying a wah of my own, but decided i wouldn't use it enough. its fun to play with but the thing i don't like about the 535Q was how easily it moves back and forth, it's hard to get it to move kind of gradually. The Q control is pretty cool though. Don't know what its like on a morley or other brand though

well even if you try out a regular jimi crybaby wah, try a bunch every one sounds different why? i guess because of a little bit different capacitor and stuff readings, i dont know but they do.

i have an old crybaby that was made in italy like in the 60's or something, its really cool and different sounding, also i have a morely wah, its pretty cool, it works of a light sencing diaod it has a nice sound but the only draw back is you cant kick it around cause the bulbs blows and then you gotta replace it!

I had a regualr Crybaby for a long time, then I had it mod'ed to have a bigger sweep. It's since crapped out on me (and now collection dust) and I now use the CFH Dimebag model. It's got a boost switch and LEDs to tell you if the boost is on or if the wah is on. Plus it's got teh 535-Q rotary knob and fine tuning stuff on the under side. I recommend a 9-volt adapter cuz I've heard friends say they go thru 9volts like crazy with it.

sup Snorky

if you are looking for a nice and cheap wah, look in your local trading post or eBay of something like that. you can get really good deals with 2nd hand stuff. or look in pawn stores or something. i got a Boss TU-12 tuner for AU$30 at my local pawn store because the dude at the pawn shop didn't know the true value of it. [they can also over charge, so look at shop prices too for price comparison.] i have seen plenty of morley wah pedals for AU$100 brand spanking new at music shops and old 2nd hand ones at pawn stores for the same price. so don't be a fool, shop around dude! find the bargains.

wahs aren't my speacialty, simply because i don't have one. my friend has a Dunlop Crybaby, that's pretty good for what it is worth. has a real signature wah tone [if you know what i mean] i think it sounds basic, because it is the original wah tone. [i am not bagging it, this is just my opinion] but i have also used the Morley Bad Horsie 2 and i prefer that. it is pretty expensive, but you get what you pay for right! you can get some pretty whacky high frequencies out of it plus when you move the pedal i like it how the frequencies blend and trancend to the next frequency. [well McFeely kinda knows what i mean ;)] i think the Horsie is more dynamic than the Crybaby, and that is why i like it more.

another thing too dude, tell us what music you play and what frequencies you want to accentuate with your wah pedal.

so you have 2 options:

1.) look around and keep in mind of store prices of a specific wah you want for comparisons, then look around for it 2nd hand and purchase it for a low price - don't get ripped off!

2.) save your money and get a good one son. after all, you pay for what you get! so which wah do you want dude?

Page.

For cheap, your best bet would be a Morley Power-Wah from the '70's or '80's.

E-bay.

For metal, yeah, I thinik you need the MBH.

I've tried tons of wahs over the years, the Bad Horsie seems to work better for the heavy stuff.

I've settled on a Bad Horsie and a Teese RMC-1. I cannot stand 'normal' wahs, the Dunlops, cry-babies, don't like that wah sound at all.

Morley used to make a -killer- wah, I think it was called the Power-Wah, man, I can't remember, but it would put the BH to shame in what it would do to your top end and range dynamics. That thing was MADE for metal.

And old Morleys are CHEAP on today's market, usually not over $50.00.

Problem is is that Morley has made a truckload of wahs over the years, and a lot of them SUCK, so you're looking for the diamond-in-the-rough here.

Hey, you want good cheap wah, you gotta put in a little work!

As a side-note, if you use pre-amped guitars, the Teese needs a mod added to it to make it usable. You can get it from Foxx I think. Besides that, the Teese is the cat's ass.

• 1 month later...

you can mod the carvin wahs on there site for around 25 dollars to do the badhorsie two tricks..

or you can get on from me for a flat 80 bucks

i have sound clips

I got my Dunlop Original Crybaby 535Q (Chrome Plated) for christmas at 70 dollars from Musicians Friend. I've yet to play a better one for my playing style :D (Metal, Rock, Classic Rock, Thrash)

I tried quite a few wahs and my fave by far is the Dunlop Cry Baby. I find most other wahs are too "honky" and the sweep isn't as smooth.

Three wahs I'd like to try but haven't are the Dunlop Q and Dimebag models and the Boss Variwah digital modelling thing. I think they all look pretty cool.

Jon