New 2/3 Scale Guitar

Prostheta, the small scale of the guitar may be making things look bigger as well. The z-poxy is the 'normal' size available in hobby stores here. As for the Tru Oil, I bought the larger size only because I was no longer able to find the small ones that I've used in the past locally, so it was easier to order from Amazon in that size. As for the sweatshirt, yeah, it previously belonged to a 6'4" 300+ pound former college football offensive lineman. Pretty big dude...

Scott, thanks, but I imagine my next instrument project will be something acoustic. Possibly a second small scale guitar for my other daughter, but I figure they can share...

Pictures taken in decent light.

Didn't get a chance to get the nut in there and get it strung up tonight. Spent the evening working on another woodworking project for the family. Should get it strung up and wired within the next couple of days,  just have to find the stupid nut that goes on the end of the stacked pot I'm using. Also, rookie mistake, the stacked pot has a different shaft size than the regular pot I used when I drilled the hole. So, I had to re-drill, and you can see where it tore out a little of the top. It will be covered by the knob, but it's still pretty annoying. Just one of the many little things where you look back, as the person who made it, and also a perfectionist, and are annoyed any unhappy. But that's just the nature of it I suppose...

IMG_9779.thumb.JPG.8a80e86a74549947b6ef3IMG_9781.thumb.JPG.be3af6ee50c83d46fcc46

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...