2004 ibanez catalogue

ultraman

Don't see this as a hijack, but can I ask a question. Ibanez seems to have a BIG following. Being quite quite useless on the guitar I was wondering what makes them so good? Value for money, feel of neck?

Just curious, never having played one!

IMO they have been one of very few innovative companies in the past 15-20 yrs

The neck joints, the improvements on the floyd rose, the superior feel of the neck, and their aesthetics ( monkey grips, swirls, and lions claws, o my!)

I just love them

Most defianantly Ibanez guitars are my players choice. Their wizard necks are perfect for me, iv tried the others and they feel alright but when you take hold of a JEM,JS,RG,S...it just feels right...lol for me at least. I even have a hard time trying get realy comfortable EB/MM JP model..i prefer Petruccis Ibanez signature series (still dreaming and hoping for a JPM90th :D )

In my experience the Korean models are decent quality and low priced. ESP is a bit more expensive and Jackson is competitive in cost. But I think what makes Ibanez attractive (aside from wylde1919's comments) is that a large number of influential endorsers use them. Steve Vai, Joe Satriani, George Benson, Korn, Incubus (acoustics), Offspring, Staind, System of a Down, etc. I also think the lack of custom shop with everything also makes the professional customs more desirable.

I personally like their innovations: All access neck joint, wizard necks, Lo Pro Edge trems, Jems and Universes, etc.

Cheers guys, it's nice to know these things.

Dunno what I'm doing in the players section though - I don't belong here - I'm useless.

Dude dont ever say that! If you can only play a single power chord, as long as you play it with honest emotion, then you have every right to be in the players section. Remember no matter who your guitar hero is whether it be steve vai, steve howe, or steve the guy who plays covers at the local pub, none of them picked up a guitar for the first time and made a masterpeice!

Power chord? :D:DB)

Just kidding. Tend to judge myself quite harshly, but I am fairly useless what with serious lack of practice, my fault entirely. Not really got a guitar hero, got serious kudos for anyone who just picks one up. But we do like a bit of JJ Cale in my house.

.....Remember no matter who your guitar hero is whether it be steve vai, steve howe, or steve the guy who plays covers at the local pub, none of them picked up a guitar for the first time and made a masterpeice!

Right on!!!! I've been palying for about half of my life, have yet to write a masterpeice, still cant read / comprehend sheet music, dont know any of the fancy names for scales. I just play for fun, and for no other reason. If it werent for drums, I wouldnt know what the hell to do.

As far as the Ibanez catalog goes. I just visit their website, less hassle that way. Anyone know if they're making more baritones?

Baritones are nice, I've been waiting to try one of the MMM1s (mike mushocks sig) but none of the stores around here have them. Sam Ash tells me its a special order. Same deal with the 470XL. But the 470XL is an RG model so I knew what to expect when I bought it online. My only complaint with the 470XL, is that it should have been made from mahogony, not basswood. But oh well life goes on. Perhaps '04 will bring more baritones from Ibanez, they seem to be getting more popular, just about every company makes one now

no disrespect to the bari but I think its going to be a novelty, kind of like 7 strings, they will flood the market and then the price point will go stupid low in a few years.

I just jumped on the 7 string bandwagon after they went down to great prices. ive never played a bari so maybe ill jump on the tail end of that trend too! the mushok models do look sharp ! :D

Theres a store called Guitar Trader here in San Diego and I saw one of the Mike Mushok models in their store a few weeks ago. They also act as a online store and ship stuff out daily. If anyone is interested go to the site and call them up. I know a lot of the guys there and they are pretty cool (ask for Gabe or Lauren) plus they compete with Guitar Center so the prices should be comparable. I dunno if they have a return policy if you don't like it tho.

• 2 weeks later...

The official 2004 catalogue won't likely be seen until after the new models have been released at NAMM. (January 15-18, 2004) Ibanez has been getting better at updating their Web site, but in years past, it was MONTHS before the new models were posted.

Chances are, Jemsite and/or Ibanez Rules will have photos from the show and/or catalogue scans during or shortly after the show.