Bad Lucky Help My Fender Tele

Hi

i want to cry. i just bought this new fender guitar two weeks. now, the head of the neck seperate two side. the god give me this birthday gift.

i hope to repair it by myself. in fact, i use wood glue to stick it once time, but the result is not good. so i use heat gun to seperate it again.

1. how can i clear the wood glue? i think it is white glue

2. how can i stick it very well. i plan to make a wood Templates which match the tele head look. so i can use Soundhole Clamps to repair it.

i hope to learn more and listen more information. now, my heart is break

IMG_6482.jpg

IMG_6483.jpg

IMG_6481.jpg

Frankly, if you bought this new, you ought to be able to return it.

If that's not a possibility, it should be a fairly straight-forward fix, but I'll let someone who can explain it better go through that.

What was the problem with the old glue? Was the joint not tight enough?

The break looks clean, so you should be able to fix it fairly well. The hardest part is figuring out how your going to clamp it. Get a hold of some wood clamps and make some sort of blocks that allow you to get some good clamping pressure on it (really it won't take much pressure) and use a good wood glue.

Make sure to follow the instructions for the glue and let it cure long enough before unclamping.

Frankly, if you bought this new, you ought to be able to return it.

Well, tell us how this happened -- this is not 'supposed' to happen. Did you hit the neck against something? Is this a real Fender?

If the guitar was new, then it had a flaw, you might have been able to take it back. Now that you've gone and glued it once, the store can probably refuse.

hi

this is 1000% real fender american deluxe tele guitar. i just bought it 2 week. but it is second hand guitar.

i 100% sure i can't return even i buy it new from music store.

i put this guitar to the guitar bag(very thin material guitar bag). the strap is broken, so the gutiar is drop to the floor. guitar head flow to floor first, but the guitar is in the guitar bag. i have played guitar more than 10 years, never have this happen. i really unhappy. and this happen before my birthday.

It could have been a lot worse. I once had a guitar fall like that and the headstock broke off completely. You have a fairly easy fix there. Make sure you use a good glue. Titebond original would be best, but any decent (yellow) wood glue should be fine. You just need clamps.

-Dave

hi

i repair it finally. i ask some reapir guitar guy here. they all suggest me to put this guitar neck to rubbish bin. i don't believe and give up. i am success. this is my first time do this job.

now, i will sand it and refinish. i will paint the head stock to black color. and the back, i will keep wood color. in fact, how can i do to cancel the break line ? will that line disappear after i refinish?

IMG_7208.jpg

IMG_7209.jpg

IMG_7217.jpg

IMG_7238.jpg

IMG_7239.jpg

It will be fine.I am surprised the repair guys said to discard it.That is a very common and very easy fix.

All of my headstocks have multiple glue joins in them in that general area because I use extra pieces to widen that area...as do ALOT of guys here...

Hope this picture eases your mind...a good glue join will always hold.

l_f0feea5fefb7479388eee655b938f332.jpg

heres a good rule of thumb would SRV play it like that? if the answer is yes (it almost always is) then leave it alone

My vote is to leave it alone it adds character. this is how a true relic is born by accident

and hey if it is ever stolen you know what to look for in the pawn shop and you got the pics to prove its yours