Black Limba Tele

Thinking about a padauk fretboard. No inlays.

A couple of twinblade humbuckers.

Maybe a Bigsby; I love how they look on Teles.

Tilted back headstock, maybe my usual 3+3 headstock or maybe I'll adapt it to 6-inline. Yeah, should probably do 6-inline.

Black Sperzel locking tuners.

Tru-oil finish.

One volume, one tone.

Of course I'll probably change my mind 5 or 6 times before I get a chance to work on it again. :D

Great! I love black limba.

I would rethink the Tru Oil idea - try it on scrap for sure to see if it floats your boat. When I tried this I was not impressed with the result, it had a tendency to darken the lighter colors a little - muted the overall contrast. I went with a regular old clear coat.

I'm very happy with the way the blank came out.

The seam down the center is almost completely invisible. (You can just barely see it in the first pic, because I drew a center line.)

And the joint made a cool pattern on the end.

Edited by Rick500

I also have a (chambered) Black Limba Tele in the works w/ Figured Maple cap, it was the last of the Steerheads before I stopped building. Body's done, need to stain and finish it.

Your Limba is really superb, the wetted shot reminds me almost of Zircote it's so pretty.

Maybe a Zircote fretboard?

I don't think the red in the Paduak works very well with Limba, I would use Ebony myself if not Zircote, I think the black would accent the Limba look, JMO.

Really pretty selection of Limba! :D

Your Limba is really superb, the wetted shot reminds me almost of Zircote it's so pretty.

That's exactly what I thought Drak. I'm thinking solid black ebony (Gaboon) for the FB. Zircote next to that Limba may be too much of a good thing.