Freaky Green Satriani

• 4 weeks later...

OK. Finished this one up this morning. Plays realy well, although I may raise the action a little as it is a bit too easy on the fingers. Cant realy feel the strings on the treble side even tho they are 10s.

Nice sound from it aswell. good clean & driven tone, The high vaulting of the bridge makes for some cool resonance when the gain is way up.

DSCF1530.jpgDSCF1533.jpgDSCF1539.jpgDSCF1540.jpg

Ill get some piks of the back & headstock up tomorrow.

i know im late in getting to the rodeo on this one but here is my though on pickups and knobs.

not nessasarly the gfs brand but this style with the peraloind inset i think would be perfect on this guitar.

http://store.guitarfetish.com/dr180vihuwhp.html

http://store.guitarfetish.com/skbrknpeto.html

i got those knobs but felt that the pearl tops looked kind of cheesy...

4564933234_49eca594ed_o.jpg

do this, but with the material

OK. Got some snaps of the back. Absolute pain trying to take piks of this as it reflected everything in the workshop. Was even worse outside, Piks kept coming out with the finish looking like chrome.

These arent the best quality, but its the best I can do with my crappy camera for now.

Black poly finish to body & neck. I let the finish sink into the grain so there is a little texture on the back to compliment the rippled front. Then polished the living hell out of the whole lot. Probobly overdone the buffing a bit as it is overpowering the light graining from the ash underneath. Lesson learned, next time ill be polishing for shorter time periods between checks.

But the customer digs it, so im happy.

DSCF1545.jpgDSCF1548.jpgDSCF1550.jpgDSCF1560.jpg

Okay..........now that's just awesome. Polished black poly really looks like buffed pewter or quicksilver huh? No secret step you're not telling us about?

SR

Elbow transplants after you finish polishing :D

takes a seriously long time to get it to there. Just do it like you normally would, Then go back 6 weeks later & use the finest compound you can find on it again. Then again 2 weeks after that. your arms & shoulders will be in a heap but its worth it. You should have seen some of the piks from outside, Useless because of the reflections. it was like a guitar shaped Jesus, glowing like a bitch in all the shots ha ha ha :D

Glad you like it.