Where Can I Buy Dirt Cheap Pickups Off Of Ebay

~davie

where can i buy dirt cheap pickups off of ebay that are decent sounding and good bang for the buck?

like.. $20 humbucker.. or whatever.. with some selection..

and don't say GFS/guitarfetish. lol. i wanna know of something else..

any cheap ebay stores that you've tried with good results?

Edited by ~davie

Try bezdez. I have bought pickups from them. I will be replacing them sometime, of course, because they were $19 and are lacking in harmonic development compared to my homemade pickups. But if you just want a cheap pickup that will put sound in your amp, these will work.

http://myworld.ebay.com/bezdez/

If you think you're going to find GOOD pickups for CHEAP, you're wrong! :D

If you think you're going to find GOOD pickups for CHEAP, you're wrong! :D

Yes, very true. The really cheap pickups might sound alright (maybe) but they often hum badly (the single coils) and they very often are also not even potted, which means you'll have lots of feedback problems with any high gain pedals and/or amps. Unless, of course, that is what you want.

Until you've loaded a pair of GH's pups in an axe and tried them , don't knock 'em. I stopped buying Duncans and use them exclusively now. No purchase necessary but there are sound clips on the home page @ guitarheads.net. For $40 a PAIR , they have great tone. No buzzy SC's or unpotted anything. and they have the cool "overdrive without batteries" mod for your tone knob. :D

The gfs pups are 90% as good as duncans..at about 50% the price IMO...I get no hum on my Engl...still prefer duncans though.

+1 i was very happy with the set i had i wish i still had the guitar they where in. or atleast took them out befor it left.

i personally dont like duncans or gfs, both of them seem cheap and nasty, and the duncans arnt exactly cheap either : (

theres a lot of ebay stores selling oem pickups as well which i tend to avoid, a lot of the time they are nothing like the real thing (not saying fake but the quality seems worse).

im also still waiting for a reply from the guitarfetish store, i asked about the saddle spacing on his vintage strat bridges and got a nonsense reply back, its not that hard to answer so i never bothered with them again...

i've ordered a couple of times from bezdez in the past. they've got pretty good deals in terms of parts. but haven't tried their pickups

i've read from a few sources throughout the net, apparently the pickups they have are Artec? and a few Belcat from what it seems.

i'm not really looking for the highest quality either. i'm planning to make my guitars and gear as minimalistic as possible.

The cheaper pickups are gonna go into my starter guitar, which is basically my back-up guitar.

IMHO pickups, tuners, and trems. are three things that you shouldnt go cheap on. with pickups theres so much to loose for just a few bucks and with cheap tuners and trems your just asking for tuning problems.

Yep, with these parts you absolutely get what you pay for.