Secret Project

Man, I really, really like this. Excellent use of grain directions, especially on the girl. Are the outlines epoxy and ebony dust? I don't know if this was done on purpose, but the thick-thin qualities ot the outlines make it look like it was inked with a brush like a cartoonist does. **That's a good thing in my book** Very, very nice work, John.

SR

Are the outlines epoxy and ebony dust?

The inner lines are either the seam of the wood join or a detail line I cut. The outside lines are straight epoxy. The goal was to have as little line as possible. Maple is extremely unforgiving, so I chose mostly dark woods to help camouflage the lines as much as possible. I also made templates for every inlay.

wip21.jpg

They obviously didn't work out perfectly, but I'm human, not a CNC machine. Still, they helped out more than you can imagine.

looks like you are planning a 70's style fender headstock or similar

Nope. You just can't see the whole thing in these pics. The current headstock paddle is about 9" long and 5"+ wide. Think archtop-style headstock. A big fat one (like my ex-wife).

I like it so far. And like Wez already said, your inlays skills are getting noticeably better. Some reason that V symbol for the inlays looks familiar to me, but I can't place it. Knowing you I get the feeling it might be comic related, but then again this could turn into another Corvus.

the inlays remind me of some band logo but im having a real hard time placing it.

John you and Our Souls keeps this place interesting i may not always like the styling that you two have but i alway love the uniqueness of the builds that you put out.